Military retirement

Thread: Military retirement

Military retirement

Friday was my last day, and if 25 years of service taught me one thing (among many others) it is that in the government, there is a way around everything. After a few phone calls and e-mails, I was successful in one very important thing. The picture is od my "Appreciation Letter" from the White House. Since I know that our present Commander in Chief has no appreciation for us, I made THIS happen. (Note the Signature, auto pen or not, I don't care)
    Military retirement-gwb.jpg
    Chief

Congrats... I'm assuming that is "George Bush's" signature? If so, which one? You started your service in 1988 and served under two Bush's.

Didn't want a "Clinton" signature?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

It is Bush the younger. I was tempted to see if I could get both to sign it but didn't want to push my luck. This is available to any retiree, all they have to do is ask.
    Office of George W. Bush
    PO Box 259000
    Dallas, Texas 75225
    [email protected]
    Fax: (214) 692-4324
    Chief

That's good information. I'm sure many retirees would not want an Obama signature on their certificate.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

what if it was signed in blood, from a neck artery?

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    what if it was signed in blood, from a neck artery?
    OK, finally something of 'thru's' that I can agree with. Now that he's gone.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Death is too easy, for Obama to suffer it would take ridicule, media abandonment, and poverty.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Death is too easy, for Obama to suffer it would take ridicule, media abandonment, and poverty.
    I'm not that picky, just want him gone forever.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

When I retired from the USMC after 30 years AD, I didn't really care about certificates or autographs. I just wanted my retirement check to show up in the bank!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher,Independent Voter, Goldwater Conservative.