Gabby Giffords' Gun Control Group Hopes to Go Head-to-Head With NRA in 2014 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gabby Giffords' Gun Control Group Hopes to Go Head-to-Head With NRA in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    As much as I respect your right to say what you will, I find that comment to be in rather poor taste. To make fun of a person who has suffered as she has is rather low.
    She is just another Jim Brady...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    Normally I would consider this comment to be in poor taste if unprovoked. But once she and her husband start making public threats against my constitutional rights and gun owners; she then becomes a legitimate objection of criticism. And the NRA represents millions of legitimate firearms owners. Once you enter a public debate and take a very strong position while using a handicap as part of the debate, criticism involving that handicap is legitimate.

Gun owners are a little too polite and accepting of liberal demonization. We don't have to be rude or lie to make our point as the liberals do on a regular basis. Firmness, directness, and truth need to be part of our argument, even if it appears to be unpleasant or even cruel. We either stand up for our rights in a very forceful manner, or we're going to lose. The liberals never restrict vitriolic rhetoric and thanks to low information voters they win
    Then go after her husband who is of sound mind. To go after her, is in poor taste. I'm the first to rise up against those who wish to take my rights away. But as several have mentioned, she, because of her condition, is just parroting what her husband is saying.

In the same vein, I would never ridicule Jim Brady, but I would put my last effort of strength to do what is in my power to stop Sarah and the Brady Campaign she has started. To do otherwise is shallow and lacks decency.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12