obamacare ngihtmare - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: obamacare ngihtmare

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    In case you aren't paying attention, the newest minority is the white, educated male. Now san endangered species. Everyone's hand is in our pocket and our numbers are dwindling. Yes, I'd join the "White Panthers" and we do need a new civil rights act that provides whites equal protections under the law.
    BTW, Biden isn't a token white man, he's assassination insurance. He's so bad that only a moron would do anything that puts him in charge.
    I know this. It's a freaking sad state of affairs. I won't be around to actually see all white people become a minority,but my children,grandchildren and great-grandchildren will be and I weep for them.When I see [email protected] like California letting illegals get a drivers license I practically have an anxiety attack.DRIVERS LICENSE FUC%,send their ass back to wherever they came from.So in closing I wish people would quit calling me a liberal.You should read berween the lines of what I write sometime.
    "A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
    "Never fight an old man, if he can't fight you he'll just shoot you"

[QUOTE=DTdr2;477418]Meanwhile the number who have lost their insurance coverage is far greater than "all" those uninsured we originally had to provide for. The numbers do not even factor in the large number of illegals who still receive free care. As for those of us who now have options, let's just see how affordable it is, and where we fall...
    Attachment 10558

What this chart DOES NOT show is the FACTS or DETAILS behind the premiums. In my case, in NY, it shows a 28% decrease....BUT.... it doesn't show the HIGHER deductibles, elimination of yearly caps... and it does not address the intrusion and LACK OF FREEDOM and LACK OF CHOICE which is being FORCED ON US!!!

I am a small business, Sole Proprietor, who has had health insurance through a group plan through associations which I belong. Remember those words..."if you like your health insurance plan, you can keep it".... well, that's TOTAL BS!!! I was informed by my association that because I'm a Sole Proprietor, I am no longer eligible under the group plan...and you must purchase health insurance through the State Exchange.

Now, in the past few years, we chose to reduce our premiums by going with a "high deductible" plan. In exchange for a $2,500 yearly deductible, our monthly premiums are approximately $350 for each of us. The chart above says the premium (avg of the entire state) will be $356....about the same....WRONG!!! In Western NY, that will be approximately $450 each, with...GET THIS... a $5,000 yearly deductible EACH. It gets better... there are other details which can potentially cripple us financially of we have an actual illness, such as increases in yearly maximums from $50,000 to NO LIMITS! How's that for AFFORDABLE CARE? So how's that Hopey Changy thing going to work out for you? I'm not alone.... just figure out how many of your friends and neighbors are self-employed as small businesses, or have dba's. ALL will now be FORCED TO ENTER THE EXCHANGES! So much for personal choice, personal freedom, personal responsibility.

And I ask you.... what's next? Obama loves alternative energy and electric cars....Hmmmm, which car company got bailout dollars? Which one sells the VOLT? So, what's to prevent the govt from implementing a new TAX (just like Obamacare), which requires you to go to a specific "group(big donors)" of dealers from which you MUST "purchase" a VOLT or pay a fine(tax) on next years tax return. Of course, the justification is that "it will benefit everyone" by reducing pollution, reducing dependence on foreign oil, etc, etc, etc.

The US Govt has overstepped its authority and has now entered my home. It is forcing me to buy something from its "appointed" provider(s) through what is now my only point of purchase(state exchange). So I ask again... What will be next? Will I be required to buy a Chevy Volt? Will I be required to buy a certain brand of clothing because (Obama likes it) its made from sustainable materials? Will I be limited in the size of my home or how much land its on(or be "taxed"), because the govt "thinks" I'm taking it away from those with less than me? Will I have to eat a certain kind of food (or be "taxed") because Michelle thinks I'm too fat?

My freedoms have been infringed!!!! AND, for those who have their heads in the sand....this is only the beginning!

Quote Originally Posted by TomC51 View Post
    I know this. It's a freaking sad state of affairs. I won't be around to actually see all white people become a minority,but my children,grandchildren and great-grandchildren will be and I weep for them.When I see [email protected] like California letting illegals get a drivers license I practically have an anxiety attack.DRIVERS LICENSE FUC%,send their ass back to wherever they came from.So in closing I wish people would quit calling me a liberal.You should read berween the lines of what I write sometime.
    I need to clarify one thing. I am not a racist.I just believe that if you want to live in this country you should do it LEGALLY and SPEAK ENGLISH.This is one of my little pet peeves.You call some business and they answer "Press One For English". This is a slippery slope we're heading down.Pretty soon it's going to be "Press 56# For Serbo-Croatian" and so forth.I've done business with this well known insurance company for over 15 years.One day I call them and it's press 1 for english,so I press 1 for english and promptly cancel my policy and explain to them why.The agent I've spoken to many times tries talking me out of it,but I say "can't do it"it's the principal of the thing,sorry.So I had to come up with a new insurance company that hasn't lost their senses.If this makes me a racist I can't do a thing about it,I will not compromise my beliefs.This is an english country,founded by the english and fought for by the english.
    "A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
    "Never fight an old man, if he can't fight you he'll just shoot you"

[QUOTE=jrs;477724]
    Quote Originally Posted by DTdr2 View Post
    Meanwhile the number who have lost their insurance coverage is far greater than "all" those uninsured we originally had to provide for. The numbers do not even factor in the large number of illegals who still receive free care. As for those of us who now have options, let's just see how affordable it is, and where we fall...
    Attachment 10558

What this chart DOES NOT show is the FACTS or DETAILS behind the premiums. In my case, in NY, it shows a 28% decrease....BUT.... it doesn't show the HIGHER deductibles, elimination of yearly caps... and it does not address the intrusion and LACK OF FREEDOM and LACK OF CHOICE which is being FORCED ON US!!!

I am a small business, Sole Proprietor, who has had health insurance through a group plan through associations which I belong. Remember those words..."if you like your health insurance plan, you can keep it".... well, that's TOTAL BS!!! I was informed by my association that because I'm a Sole Proprietor, I am no longer eligible under the group plan...and you must purchase health insurance through the State Exchange.

Now, in the past few years, we chose to reduce our premiums by going with a "high deductible" plan. In exchange for a $2,500 yearly deductible, our monthly premiums are approximately $350 for each of us. The chart above says the premium (avg of the entire state) will be $356....about the same....WRONG!!! In Western NY, that will be approximately $450 each, with...GET THIS... a $5,000 yearly deductible EACH. It gets better... there are other details which can potentially cripple us financially of we have an actual illness, such as increases in yearly maximums from $50,000 to NO LIMITS! How's that for AFFORDABLE CARE? So how's that Hopey Changy thing going to work out for you? I'm not alone.... just figure out how many of your friends and neighbors are self-employed as small businesses, or have dba's. ALL will now be FORCED TO ENTER THE EXCHANGES! So much for personal choice, personal freedom, personal responsibility.

And I ask you.... what's next? Obama loves alternative energy and electric cars....Hmmmm, which car company got bailout dollars? Which one sells the VOLT? So, what's to prevent the govt from implementing a new TAX (just like Obamacare), which requires you to go to a specific "group(big donors)" of dealers from which you MUST "purchase" a VOLT or pay a fine(tax) on next years tax return. Of course, the justification is that "it will benefit everyone" by reducing pollution, reducing dependence on foreign oil, etc, etc, etc.

The US Govt has overstepped its authority and has now entered my home. It is forcing me to buy something from its "appointed" provider(s) through what is now my only point of purchase(state exchange). So I ask again... What will be next? Will I be required to buy a Chevy Volt? Will I be required to buy a certain brand of clothing because (Obama likes it) its made from sustainable materials? Will I be limited in the size of my home or how much land its on(or be "taxed"), because the govt "thinks" I'm taking it away from those with less than me? Will I have to eat a certain kind of food (or be "taxed") because Michelle thinks I'm too fat?

My freedoms have been infringed!!!! AND, for those who have their heads in the sand....this is only the beginning!
    Yup. They said "affordable" and I got a 30% hike in the family premium. The chart says I'll get a reduction of about 6%. The costs are BS too. They claim a family of four pays $764 per month? $1,074 is more like it. My premium will jump to over $1,400 per month in 2014. Liars all the way around.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

[QUOTE=BC1;477764]
    Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    Yup. They said "affordable" and I got a 30% hike in the family premium. The chart says I'll get a reduction of about 6%. The costs are BS too. They claim a family of four pays $764 per month? $1,074 is more like it. My premium will jump to over $1,400 per month in 2014. Liars all the way around.
    You sound surprised.
    For anyone who actually has reduced premiums, they've usually got a higher deductible too. I haven't found out yet how it's going to affect those like me who have insurance through an employer. In this case, my husband's. I'm hoping nothing changes, but that's probably too much to hope for.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Sounds like you folks with employer provided insurance are finally catching up to what us self-employed people had to go through 15-10 years ago since we did not have a large "group" to absorb the cost hikes or a union to negotiate benefits. Or as Ted Cruz calls it "the free market".

Right now we are deciding between two companies who provide a Silver plan with lower deductibles at a third of the cost we pay now, but we need a navigator to buy it or we have until December 15th once the option to buy online is available next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

9. Estimate: 16 Million Americans Will Lose Current Coverage Because of Obamacare
    Oct. 24, 2013

The president:

“If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

A new estimate from healthcare expert Bob Laszewski (via the Weekly Standard):

The U.S. individual health insurance market currently totals about 19 million people. Because the Obama administration's regulations on grandfathering existing plans were so stringent about 85% of those, 16 million, are not grandfathered and must comply with Obamacare at their next renewal. The rules are very complex. For example, if you had an individual plan in March of 2010 when the law was passed and you only increased the deductible from $1,000 to $1,500 in the years since, your plan has lost its grandfather status and it will no longer be available to you when it would have renewed in 2014. These 16 million people are now receiving letters from their carriers saying they are losing their current coverage and must re-enroll in order to avoid a break in coverage and comply with the new health law's benefit mandates––the vast majority by January 1. Most of these will be seeing some pretty big rate increases.

CBO has estimated that the number of people dislodged from their pre-Obamacare arrangements could reach 20 million, while other independent analyses have concluded that the eventual figure may be significantly higher. The low-ball estimates of 16-20 million would be the equivalent of the entire population of Florida losing coverage. CareFirst is the latest insurer to break the bad news to its customers:

CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is being forced to cancel plans that currently cover 76,000 individuals in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., due to changes made by President Obama's health care law, the company told the Washington Examiner today. That represents more than 40 percent of the 177,000 individuals covered by CareFirst in those states. Though Obama famously promised that those who liked their health care coverage could keep it under his program, in reality, the health care law imposes a raft of new regulations on insurance policies starting Jan. 1 that are forcing insurers across the country to terminate existing plans.

Obama also predicted that the new law would reduce average family premiums by $2,500 per year, and Nancy Pelosi asserted that "everybody will have lower rates." That's not going to be true for tens of millions of Americans, and will ring especially hollow for most people on the individual market. The New York Times reports that many rural communities are already beginning to feel Obamacare's price pinch:

As technical failures bedevil the rollout of President Obama’s health care law, evidence is emerging that one of the program’s loftiest goals — to encourage competition among insurers in an effort to keep costs low — is falling short for many rural Americans. While competition is intense in many populous regions, rural areas and small towns have far fewer carriers offering plans in the law’s online exchanges. Those places, many of them poor, are being asked to choose from some of the highest-priced plans in the 34 states where the federal government is running the health insurance marketplaces, a review by The New York Times has found. Of the roughly 2,500 counties served by the federal exchanges, more than half, or 58 percent, have plans offered by just one or two insurance carriers, according to an analysis by The Times of county-level data provided by the Department of Health and Human Services. In about 530 counties, only a single insurer is participating. The analysis suggests that the ambitions of the Affordable Care Act to increase competition have unfolded unevenly, at least in the early going, and have not addressed many of the factors that contribute to high prices.

The Times' analysis shows that these problems are especially acute in southern and "flyover" states -- places where the president is particularly unpopular. A final reminder: Obamacare, contrary to Democrats' assurances, is bending the national healthcare cost curve in the wrong direction. Hitting the administration hard for its transcendent incompetence is a political no-brainer for Republicans, but relentlessly highlighting the substantive failures of the program itself (which liberals pretend is totally separate from the failed exchange portals) is imperative. Even if every single bug and technical issue were rectified tomorrow, that wouldn't change the fact that the program is harmful, unaffordable, and built on reckless promises.

UPDATE - A cringe-worthy headline from Forbes: "More Americans In 3 States Have Had Their Insurance Canceled Under ObamaCare Than Have Filed An Exchange Account In All 50." Oof.

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/guybe...acare-n1731700[/QUOTE]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234