Tea Partiers Score Better in Sciences than Liberals?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tea Partiers Score Better in Sciences than Liberals?

Tea Partiers Score Better in Sciences than Liberals?

I thought this was quite interesting. Not surprising, but interesting. Typically liberal, too, because the Prof admits he doesn't even KNOW any "Tea Partiers!"

“But then again, I don’t know a single person who identifies with the tea party,” he continued. “All my impressions come from watching cable tv — & I don’t watch Fox News very often…´ But I’M A PROFESSOR and I KNOW people in the Tea Party are not as bright as liberals! Moron.
    Since “Tea Partiers” have a better understanding of the constitution and government, stands to reason they would know more science.
    Eureka! Tea partiers know science - Tal Kopan - POLITICO.com
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Good for him, though... he conducted a study, and when the results proved him wrong, he admitted it and changed his view. How many other liberals (or, let's be honest, how many of anybody... conservatives are guilty of it too) do you know who are willing to do that?
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

I would say that the science part is only part of it. Imagine if they tested knowledge about government and history. I know that I have become more involved in the Tea Party / Libertarian movement since the 2008 election. Before Obama I figured Republican was enough, but after the constant barrage on our Constitution and individual liberties I realized I was wrong. I have believed in what the Tea-party stood for from the outset, but now it is clear that the DC insiders that were part of this movement saw more clearly what was coming than did others. Regarding the article, since that time I have read and learned more about history, the Constitution, the Federalist papers (essentially the sales pitch and explanation for the Constitution), etc. Reading and knowledge in general promote the quest for more knowledge. IMHO, the libs want to tell you what they want you to know. They want you to trust the state run media to give you the knowledge that you need, and they want you to feel good in the knowledge that they have provided you everything, and they DO NOT want you to read or think. As long as you can spout the rhetoric and the party line, that's good enough.
    Chief

Exactly. Dumb down the population, eliminate freedom of expression. Anybody remember from their history that it was illegal for slaves in this country to read and write? Or that females in some countries are forbidden from the same? Keep 'em dumb and you have control.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    Exactly. Dumb down the population, eliminate freedom of expression. Anybody remember from their history that it was illegal for slaves in this country to read and write? Or that females in some countries are forbidden from the same? Keep 'em dumb and you have control.
    Well really there are some people who shouldn't vote. Too bad many of them have made it to DC.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    I thought this was quite interesting. Not surprising, but interesting. Typically liberal, too, because the Prof admits he doesn't even KNOW any "Tea Partiers!"

“But then again, I don’t know a single person who identifies with the tea party,” he continued. “All my impressions come from watching cable tv — & I don’t watch Fox News very often…´ But I’M A PROFESSOR and I KNOW people in the Tea Party are not as bright as liberals! Moron.
    Since “Tea Partiers” have a better understanding of the constitution and government, stands to reason they would know more science.
    Eureka! Tea partiers know science - Tal Kopan - POLITICO.com
    I could have saved this professor a lot of time and energy. I would have walked him over to the Physics and Chemistry departments and had him talk to the professors there. In every educational facility I have been in, the physical science majors/professors/teachers have always been more conservative in nature with regards to their political views. It's true at the school I teach currently, it was true in the four other schools I've taught at, it was true at the colleges I attended and the one I did research.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

They don't call the other academic side of the house "Liberal" arts for nothing...
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    The don't call the other academic side of the house "Liberal" arts for nothing...
    I'm thankful I wasn't taking a sip of my drink at the time I read this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I'm thankful I wasn't taking a sip of my drink at the time I read this.
    I learned a long time ago to never have food or drink near a computer while reading messages. It leads to ruined computer parts and wasted food or drink.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast