Hawaii Official Now Swears: No Obama Birth Certificate - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hawaii Official Now Swears: No Obama Birth Certificate

The one thing we would have going for us there is that his own party believes him to be a moron too. However i concede that his political and judicial appointments would be a train-wreck just as much as Barry O's are

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    A lot of people say that if Obama gets impeached that all of his executive actions and such will get voided, now as far as I’m concerned that’s a win – win situation if you ask me.
    A given president's executive actions are automatically nullified when he leaves office (no matter how he leaves off - end of term, impeachment, assassination, or hiding behind the skirts of his fellow collectivists). It's up to the the next president to re-establish them.

As some have said nothing will come of it. I do not think we should give up, Obama broke the law, and should face the consequences.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

I just thought of something - if he's no longer working for the state, how is he still an "official"?

6. Since when has the law been so eagerly ignored? Of course he should be brought to justice for his betrayals and lies. And it should begin with his illegal claims to citizenship. Drop it? BULLS*#T!

Howdy jsimmons,

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    A given president's executive actions are automatically nullified when he leaves office (no matter how he leaves off - end of term, impeachment, assassination, or hiding behind the skirts of his fellow collectivists). It's up to the the next president to re-establish them.
    I guess you did NOT receive a passing grade in your Jr High Civics class so you may consider doing a little studying. Here's a link for you:

United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Executive Order's do NOT nullify just because a POTUS leaves office.

Clinton's so called AWB of '94 was an EO that was in effect for 10 years. It expired in 2004, over 3 years AFTER Slick Willie left office.

Clinton could have just as easily made it a permanent EO that would never expire and could only be removed by a reversing EO or a new law passed by Congress.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy jsimmons,

I guess you did NOT receive a passing grade in your Jr High Civics class so you may consider doing a little studying. Here's a link for you:

United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Executive Order's do NOT nullify just because a POTUS leaves office.

Clinton's so called AWB of '94 was an EO that was in effect for 10 years. It expired in 2004, over 3 years AFTER Slick Willie left office.

Clinton could have just as easily made it a permanent EO that would never expire and could only be removed by a reversing EO or a new law passed by Congress.

Paul
    Sten... perhaps you should review your Civics lessons as there is no provision or statute in the Constitution for an executive order. Article II, Sec 1, Clause 1 states there is "executive power" without actually stating what those powers consist of. Article II, Sec 3, Clause 5, the President must "take care that the laws be faithfully executed." Both of these rather nebulous and vague declarations in our Constitution is the basis that all Presidents have used to justify their EO's, which for the most part are their own personal interpretations of how power is actually vested in the "Executive" as opposed to actual legal or constitutional reasoning. EO's are similar to fiat money - they're really only as good as the faith afforded to them. So, perhaps you should review your own misguided arguments before casting aspersions toward others.
    And... the AWB of 1994 was NOT an Executive Order... it was a subsection of the "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act" of 1994 signed into law by Congress.
    Strike two! You're wrong again.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12