Preaching to the choir

Thread: Preaching to the choir

Preaching to the choir

https://www.billwhittle.com/afterburner/non-essential

I know that many of you that are on this forum will already agree with that Bill says, but if you can share it with a liberal and make them see the light...
    -
    As a side note, pay attention to the professionally printed park closure sign that is the backdrop at the beginning of the video. Anyone familiar with the government procurement process knows that for these signs to have gone up immediately following the shutdown means there had to be planning, paperwork in triplicate and probably three bids from different companies before even getting the OK to begin printing (not to mention distribution to National parks across the nation). Have any of you ever had to rent "Barry-cades" for an event? not cheap either. Imagine the amount of money and effort spent by this administration in an attempt to make you feel the "pain" of the shutdown.
    Chief

The liberal will do one of several things:
    - Call you a racist for not supporting Obama... and not read this article
    - Call you "one of them", point to their friends with their derisive look and scoff
    - Read the letter, have a temper tantrum that these are distorted facts

In other words, there won't be a rational conversation since they are not rational. They vote on emotion and fear. They look to their shepherd and "baaaaaa" whatever their shepherd tells them to.

I applaud you wanting to convert a sheep, but it feels more like banging my head on the table and wondering why I can't stop when I try to engage in intelligent conversation with one.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I think the sheep may begin their own conversion process when they start to evaluate racism/white-guilt vs the exorbitant cost of their new health care monster. When they realize they are personally subsidizing those that can't afford (or simply won't pay for) healthcare, they may begin to see the light. Its a little different when you are just paying taxes, and then those taxes get funneled into the entitlement black hole. When it directly effects your healthcare cost to support others it becomes a little more personal.
    -
    When will they realize that all the wonderful Hollywood types that spout the rhetoric can do so because they are part of the elite class that it won't hurt?
    Chief