Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home

Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home

We all want to convey in any way, words it's none of your fn business.
    I have thought about asking how often he does his wife or what she/he likes just like another poster.
    I don't ever think I will ever be asked but if I or wife was asked, my answer and the answer I advise others to give would be a straight NO!
    No smirk or smile.
    Let them wonder where all the guns and gun owners are!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

My kids are grown so i do not have to worry about that Doctor. So far my Doctor has not asked. But I once thought that if he ever did, then I would reach down and feel my side and then say, "Darn! I believe I must have lost it in your waiting room!" Then sit back and watch them panic!

No, I would not do that but it could be funny!

She actually asked last year at this time when we didn't have any. Now we have... several more than none and I'm just waiting for it again this year. That quote from the act pretty much defines what we are required (nothing) and that's what she'll get if she asks today.
    Current status: getting personal instruction from a friend before CCL - still no holster, biometric vaults in-home, or full-size mag
    Gun: S&W M&P 9c

Quote Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
    How do you guys answer the question at the pediatrician about guns in the house? Read last year that they are allowed to ask, but what is our legal requirement to answer?

I'm strongly leaning to respond tomorrow that "you are welcome to ask me medical questions."
    I would respectfully answer "go suck a lemon".

6. The question is repugnant on one level, but on another--relating to lead levels in blood--it's definitely a legitimate medical issue. There probably isn't a one size fits all solution as to how to respond.

Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home

Yes there is. One NO FITS ALL!
    No need to consider lead levels in blood until your test comes back showing high levels.
    At that point the answer is still NO!
    They can't do anything for you except tell you to stop practicing with hundreds of rounds each day in your closet and go outside and you would already know that!
    Seriously, if you had high lead levels of lead I would be checking OTHER environmental possibilities.
    High lead levels.... Nice stretch to accept another means of control.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

ezkl2230 Guest
    It's amazing how many pages our gov't has taken out of the old soviet manual. Now they're trying to get kids to inform on their parents.

There is an easy way to deal with this: simply print off a copy of the Second Amendment protection clause (below), bring it with you to your next doctor's appointment. If they ask you any questions about firearms ownership, simply hand them a copy of the clause with the statement, "we will answer no questions regarding firearms ownership."

"Protection of Second Amendment Gun Rights"

‘‘(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.—A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection(a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to—
    ‘‘(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or
    ‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.
    ‘‘(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to—
    ‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;
    ‘‘(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or
    ‘‘(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.
    ‘‘(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.

9. Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Yes there is. One NO FITS ALL!
    No need to consider lead levels in blood until your test comes back showing high levels.
    At that point the answer is still NO!
    They can't do anything for you except tell you to stop practicing with hundreds of rounds each day in your closet and go outside and you would already know that!
    Seriously, if you had high lead levels of lead I would be checking OTHER environmental possibilities.
    High lead levels.... Nice stretch to accept another means of control.
    This may well be the single dumbest, and most irresponsible and ignorant thing I've ever seen in this or any other gun forum. Read up on symptoms and dangers of lead including being around children if you have high levels, and the decreasing standards for risk-free amount of lead in blood. (Caution: Most sources contain words with more than two syllables).

10. Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    It's amazing how many pages our gov't has taken out of the old soviet manual. Now they're trying to get kids to inform on their parents.

There is an easy way to deal with this: simply print off a copy of the Second Amendment protection clause, bring it with you to your next pediatricians appointment. If they ask you any questions about firearms ownership, simply hand them a copy of the clause with the statement, "we will answer no questions regarding firearms ownership."
    There is an easy way for the MD to respond to this kind of ignorant zealotry (the 2nd Amendment is utterly irrelevant to this situation): Hand you the entire constitution and ask you to show him/her where it says you have a right to medical care and good health, and then hand you a copy of the tea party statement that there is no right to either--before he/she throws you out.

With so many ways to just decline not involving statement-making, why choose one that only makes all gun owners look like idiots?

Also keep in mind that the ACA aka Obamacare states that ANY information transmitted through the system can be viewed and used by any Federal agency and further....it clearly states that citizens have "NO REASONABLE EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY"... hello!!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast