Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home

Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home

WOW Nosreme really!!!! Let's see send you on your way or take your money---HHHMMMMM. I wonder???!. Oh the good ole days when you went to the doctor and they where concerned about funny little things like illness and physical problems. I am extremely lucky that my wife and I have a medical group that's more concerned about health issues than political agenda.
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    There is an easy way for the MD to respond to this kind of ignorant zealotry (the 2nd Amendment is utterly irrelevant to this situation): Hand you the entire constitution and ask you to show him/her where it says you have a right to medical care and good health, and then hand you a copy of the tea party statement that there is no right to either--before he/she throws you out.

With so many ways to just decline not involving statement-making, why choose one that only makes you all gun owners look like idiots?
    Doctor throws me out? Perhaps there is some confusion about who is in charge? I have FIRED Doctors who didn't provide the level of care I considered appropriate. And I used the words "You're fired!" right to the Doc's face. And yes, I have insurance and I contacted my insurance company each time to register my complaints and inform them that Doc had been FIRED! Even my wife has fired one Doc and the insurance company heard all about it too. Guess what? The insurance company's response was to assist in finding a different Doctor....

Never forget.... half of the Docs out there graduated in the bottom 50% of their class.... so choose wisely.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    ...why choose one that only makes you all gun owners look like idiots?
    I love it when flame-throwers call others idiots when they can't even manage to maintain proper English grammar in their posts.

Otherwise, I've had the same doctor for 13 years. I have never been asked questions about anything other than that which relates to my health and/or treatment. I feel our relationship is long-standing and solid enough that if she ever changed her policies in that regard, I would give her a chance to assure me that such questions will never be asked of me again in her office lest I drop her as my doc. If she gives that assurance, fine, I'll keep patronizing her business. If not, buh-bye.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

5. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I love it when flame-throwers call others idiots when they can't even manage to maintain proper English grammar in their posts.
    I plead guilty to failing to delete the "you" from a longer phrase I deleted.

I skip questions I don't feel a need to answer, including my SS# on forms.
    If asked regarding firearms, I will inform the person asking that it has nothing to do with why I am being seen.
    I do live in a red state though, and a part of our state's CCW laws state that to carry in a medical office, you need permission from the doctor, so I have asked a few of mine if I can carry in the office, and have had generally welcoming responses.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

ezkl2230 Guest
    There is an easy way for the MD to respond to this kind of ignorant zealotry (the 2nd Amendment is utterly irrelevant to this situation): Hand you the entire constitution and ask you to show him/her where it says you have a right to medical care and good health, and then hand you a copy of the tea party statement that there is no right to either--before he/she throws you out.

With so many ways to just decline not involving statement-making, why choose one that only makes all gun owners look like idiots?
    Do you bother to actually read anything, or do you go right to your standard, "2nd Amendment is utterly irrelevant..." response?

I didn't tell anyone to shove the Second Amendment in the doctor's face, I recommended that they be given a copy of the Second Amendment protection clause ("Protection of the Second Amendment Gun Rights" clause) that was engineered into Obamacare, the clause that protects our right not to answer any firearms related question the doctor might think to ask and prohibits the collection of firearms ownership data.

BTW, what are you even doing on this forum? Just about every response I see from you is a harangue against everything most of us on this forum believe and hold to be true.

I believe nosreme is incorrect. Legally, you cannot deny medical care to someone based on a number of factors including their political beliefs. It would make for a terrific discrimination law suit, though.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

You don't have to answer at all. I think your proposed statement is fine, as you put it, "you are welcome to ask me medical questions." If pushed, inform your doctor you will be seeking a different pediatrician. There is no lawful basis for such interrogations, even if your state has decided to make a law about it. If it has to do with constitutional rights, it must be left alone. In fact, neither you nor your children or any member of your family are under no obligation to answer any questions that don't make you / them comfortable or that you sense would offend your needs as a client of that doctor.

Ditto for psych/ologist/iatrist(s) or any other so-called "science-based" medical profession. The field of psychology and psychiatry (at least in California, and probably some other places) has been completely co-opted by poorly (and unconstitutionally) constructed state laws. Some years back I went to a psychologist now and then, but now that's simply replaced by talking to friends / family and / or going to the ocean (or some other natural setting).

To sum up:

1) "You are free to ask me medical questions." (or similar)

2) If pressed for further information after your first response in which you clarified you are not interested in answering questions that pertain to your exercise of your rights, indicate that you will be seeking another doctor.

3) If further pressed for information, contact a lawyer and end the session.

Cheers

10. Quote Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
    How do you guys answer the question at the pediatrician about guns in the house? Read last year that they are allowed to ask, but what is our legal requirement to answer?

I'm strongly leaning to respond tomorrow that "you are welcome to ask me medical questions."
    I look the Doc straight in the eye and say "You know you're in Oklahoma right?"
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home

Turns out, she didn't ask this year.

THEN she SHOT HIM FOUR TIMES! Turns out he was due for boosters + flu shot... so I took one for the team and she SHOT ME FIRST! ;)

I guess her records showed last year's response (our first with him) and didn't need an update.
    Current status: getting personal instruction from a friend before CCL - still no holster, biometric vaults in-home, or full-size mag
    Gun: S&W M&P 9c

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast