Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home

Just say 'No' and leave it at that. Instruct family members to do the same.
    Luke 22:36 NKJV - "Then [Jesus] said to them, ". . . he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." Exodus 22:2 NKJV - "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed."

Quote Originally Posted by PackingPastor View Post
    Just say 'No' and leave it at that. Instruct family members to do the same.
    If you lie, that can actually affect your insurance. Especially with Obamacare, now that the Government is linking everything together, if the doctor taps into his iPad that you said you don't own guns, and your obamacare insurance links back to a concealed carry license, then your insurance could refuse to pay for the visit, or flat out drop you. You could even face prison time, if Obama has his way. This is where we're headed.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

4. Tell them NO.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    If you lie, that can actually affect your insurance. Especially with Obamacare, now that the Government is linking everything together, if the doctor taps into his iPad that you said you don't own guns, and your obamacare insurance links back to a concealed carry license, then your insurance could refuse to pay for the visit, or flat out drop you. You could even face prison time, if Obama has his way. This is where we're headed.
    This may be where we are headed but MD's have no need for this info. My MD asks me about the new gun roll outs, ammo and such, but if we had not know each other for over 20 years he would get a very sour look. My question would be the V.A. and our/my records.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

6. You don't have to tell them but they'll probably ask your kids also!! I think it may be required of them under obamacrapcare!! It's no ones business but ours though!!

The Second Amendment protects All Rights!!

I no longer have small children and my family doctor is pro 2A so I have not run into this problem.

Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home

Unless I have to sign something that says the foregoing info is true under penalty of perjury, I don't mind lying in this case. I don't have Obamacare, so that part doesn't concern me. If I say anything but "No," I'm guessing they'll assume I have guns, and they may fill in the blank for me!
    Luke 22:36 NKJV - "Then [Jesus] said to them, ". . . he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." Exodus 22:2 NKJV - "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed."

It won't just be Pediatricians asking soon. With Obamacare, there are all sorts of checks on firearms ownership involved.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I have no doubt this is where we're headed, but just because you have a concealed carry license doesn't necessarily mean you have guns. You could assume this is true, but you couldn't prove it. It is NOT a prerequisite. I've bought several guns this year, but that doesn't mean I haven't sold them all on the street. That's perfectly legal here. I may have lost them in that tragic boating accident. (I always took them everywhere with me.)
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Here's the problem with that argument: While you are technically correct, if the government sees that you have the permit, that could be construed as probable cause for a no-knock warrant SWAT raid of your home for something as simple as a doctor reporting that you seemed "depressed."
    Robert A. Heinlein

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast