Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pediatrician questioning firearms @ home

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GB-Boater View Post
    My family has been schooled.
    Dr. to Family member: Do you have guns in the house ?
    Family members to Dr: Guns ?, What guns ?

What Guns......Always make me chuckle when I read this. HAhA

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Here's the problem with that argument: While you are technically correct, if the government sees that you have the permit, that could be construed as probable cause for a no-knock warrant SWAT raid of your home for something as simple as a doctor reporting that you seemed "depressed."
    No knock warrant in the middle of the night for something like that is best answered with return fire. Because it means tyranny is at your door. Florida law protects cops who announce but is at best, silent on those who don't.
    (2) The presumption set forth in subsection (1) does not apply if:
    (d) The person against whom the defensive force is used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who enters or attempts to enter a dwelling, residence, or vehicle in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person entering or attempting to enter was a law enforcement officer.
    Middle of the night unannounced means they could be anybody breaking in.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I concur, however this didn't help the guy in DC they went after, or that guy a while back who was a vet, and had the VA refer him to a phsychiatrist. He refused to go, so the Psych called the police, and they impounded his truck, and confiscated his firearms, revoked his carry license, etc.. all because he refused a government ordered psych exam that was ordered for no viable reason.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345