Ted Cruz speaks to Trayvon Martin’s mother explains Stand Your Ground laws

Thread: Ted Cruz speaks to Trayvon Martin’s mother explains Stand Your Ground laws

Ted Cruz speaks to Trayvon Martin’s mother explains Stand Your Ground laws

Ted Cruz speaks to Trayvon Martin’s mother explains Stand Your Ground laws are not racist
    While most of the media was focused on Kathleen Sebelius’s train wreck of a hearing today, there was another hearing happening over in the Senate that many Democrats hoped would get all the attention.
    Democrats called in Trayvon Martin's mother to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee against “Stand Your Ground” laws. Ted Cruz is on that committee and he calmly and compassionately explained that “Stand Your Ground” laws are not evil, nor (as many Democrats would suggest) racist.
    Here’s the video:

VIDEO: Ted Cruz speaks to Trayvon Martin’s mother, explains “Stand Your Ground” laws are not racist
    While most of the media was focused on Kathleen Sebelius’s train wreck of a hearing today, there was another hearing happening over in the Senate that many Democrats hoped would get all the attention.
    Democrats called in Trayvon Martin's mother to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee against “Stand Your Ground” laws. Ted Cruz is on that committee and he calmly and compassionately explained that “Stand Your Ground” laws are not evil, nor (as many Democrats would suggest) racist.
    I’m happy that Cruz reminded the Martin family (and all of America) that not so long ago, State Senator Barack Obama co-sponsored “Stand Your Ground” in Illinois.
    This was an incredibly delicate balancing act that Cruz had to navigate. He couldn’t just come out blasting the Democrats for their stupidity in opposing common sense laws like “Stand Your Ground” or just call them all a bunch of hypocrites (although they deserve it). Instead, he approached the matter gently, with compassion for a grieving mother; but still he didn’t hand the issue over to Democrats who paraded out a grieving mother out before the Senate to further their own statist agenda.
    Poor Richard's News - VIDEO: Ted Cruz speaks to Trayvon Martin?s mother, explains ?Stand Your Ground? laws are not racist
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Play thug games, win thug rewards...
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Wow, that was a delicate bridge to cross! I am extremely impressed that he or anyone else for that matter could cross it. Hope Cruz doesn't do anything stupid between now and the next presidential election. I'm very impressed with him as of now.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

It's funny, everyone was giving him crap when he tried to halt Obamacare and the Democrats were thumping their chests and now you see the same Democrats wanting to cover their A$$ and delay Obamacare. I think that in the long run there going to see that there so called grand plan is a piece of crap that everyone was saying for a log time already.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL