New Pa Bill HB1812 - Adds Back In Duty To Retreat To Castle Doctrine

Thread: New Pa Bill HB1812 - Adds Back In Duty To Retreat To Castle Doctrine

1. New Pa Bill HB1812 - Adds Back In Duty To Retreat To Castle Doctrine

Philly PA democrats at it again, trying to add in all sorts of language to section 505 (Use of Force in Self-Protection) & section 507 (Use of Force for the Protection of Property.) that requires a person to retreat if possible (sound familiar) as well as nonsense about not following someone if a peace officer or dispatcher tells them not to.

Proposed Pennsylvania Gun Law HB1812 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

That's what lib-o-rats do. If they can not get their way and take our guns. Then they will chip away with laws and such until the only place there will be any guns will be in a museum. The IL lib-o-rats are doing the same thing. They are trying to gut their new gun law. We have to many who believe that lib-o-rats can be got along with. The ONLY way to "get along" with libs is to give up and let them have their way. They must be defeated and destroyed!

How would it still qualify as a Castle Doctrine if you had to retreat?! Where are you supposed to retreat to?

Never understood that... Here in CO they even tack on "Make My Day" to home defense!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

5. What I don't understand is why is the government trying to protect the criminal who's breaking into my house?

Where are my rights as a homeowner, as a civilian in danger from a criminal not following the law. Why do they deserve protection and I don't?

I'm sorry but no one has the right to enter my home without my permission. If someone is there to do me or my family harm they can go screw themselves and answer to my Glock. Why should I risk my life trying to hide from the big bad criminal instead of defending my RIGHT as a Free American and my 2nd Amendment Right to basically do what's necessary to defend my freedom and protect myself.

Once again government, are you really fighting for my rights, or your own self interest?

I've said it before, I'll say it again: PA would be much better off if NJ would just annex Filthadelphia and let us run our state the way we wish.

I don't travel to Filthadelphia, I want nothing to do with Filthadelphia. What Filthadelphia is now is nothing compared to what Philadelphia used to be when this nation first began.

Let's make sure we contact our legislators and senators in PA's congress and get this piece of trash bill defeated so it never hits the governor's desk.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

This stuff is crazy! Why are liberal politicians always so anxious to protect the criminal element????

Florida is trying to also. Dems in the State Capitol also went to the US Senate hearings too. ID10Ts all of them who try to take away law abiding citizen's rights. And yes, I e-mailed my State Reps in the Florida House today because of it reminding them of their oath of office.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

New Pa Bill HB1812 - Adds Back In Duty To Retreat To Castle Doctrine

You guys have it wrong. What they are doing might protect the criminal element but that is just a collateral effect. They don't give a damn about them. Their real intention is to set up another trap for a legal gun owner to fall into.
    More laws that any legal gun owner might unavoidably break while defending themselves leads to an arrest. That is something that they hope will put fear and frustration in anyone who owns a gun. More pitfalls will hopefully lead to a "it's just not worth it" to own a gun and defend yourself
    To come to the point, it's about taking guns away from a regular law abiding citizens. Those are the people who understand the Constitution. Those are the people that pose the greatest threat to the "Authoritarian" agenda!
    Yes, it's just another means to CONTROL!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    How would it still qualify as a Castle Doctrine if you had to retreat?! Where are you supposed to retreat to?

Never understood that... Here in CO they even tack on "Make My Day" to home defense!
    Exactly what I was thinking. If I'm already in my house, there's nowhere else to retreat to!
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

I find it ironic - and more than just a little sad - that what was once the seat of liberty in this country is trying so hard to renounce its founding tenets. Indeed, this is part of the pandemic of wrong thought, and a consequence of sorrowful education foisted upon our children.