Microstamping - Gun control CA style. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microstamping - Gun control CA style.

The good news is, I don't need any "new" ones.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    I'm sure they will be able to track the weapons back to the gang-bangers who stole them or acquired them illegally. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes on a computer to find them
    It also changes the rules on the range with a "micro stamped" gun. Your spent brass becomes a marketable commodity for a gang banger or someone that wishes to make your life miserable. You shoot a box of 9's make sure you police up you brass. Worse yet! Your brass is found at a shooting scene. You are at home enjoying a ham samwich and a cold beer.
    When knock knock knock BAM! SWAT team come crashing into your home because your brass was at the scene of a cop shooting. Just thinkin out loud.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    It also changes the rules on the range with a "micro stamped" gun. Your spent brass becomes a marketable commodity for a gang banger or someone that wishes to make your life miserable. You shoot a box of 9's make sure you police up you brass. Worse yet! Your brass is found at a shooting scene. You are at home enjoying a ham samwich and a cold beer.
    When knock knock knock BAM! SWAT team come crashing into your home because your brass was at the scene of a cop shooting. Just thinkin out loud.
    And THATS why you file down the firing pin once you get your gun home...

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Notice the law requires the microstamp to be on TWO places in the gun. Not just the firing pin.

That makes the finding and removing the microstamps a bit more challenging.

What happens when CA cops can't get new guns?
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12