I'm from the government and I'm here to inspect your guns.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm from the government and I'm here to inspect your guns.

I'm from the government and I'm here to inspect your guns.

I received this today and don't know if it has been posted before.

“We’re just here to have a look around…Uh, you don’t lawfully own a gun or anything, do you?”

Sound crazy? You obviously don’t live in Massachusetts.

Swampscott, MA Selectman Barry Greenfield introduced an enforcement discussion Wednesday that he hopes will lead to the safeguarding of guns in town — keeping them out of the hands of children.

In school shootings around the country, guns have been taken from parents and used by kids, he said.

The selectman said state law requires Massachusetts gun owners to keep their firearms locked away or rendered inoperable.

The problem, he said, is that police do not have the authority, granted by a local ordinance, to enforce the law and inspect the safeguarding of guns at the homes of the 600 registered gun owners in town.

The selectman said he has spoken with Swampscott Police Chief Ron Madigan about this.

“We need the ability to enforce the state law,” the selectman said.

If this incredibly bad goose-stepping attack on gun ownership sounds familiar, it should. The state of Washington considered it earlier this year. Then some lawyer read this thing called the Constitution and it went away.

But we’ve never been big on that whole “Bill of Rights” thing here in Kennedy Country. And so the town of Swampscott is going to decide whether or not to send the local cops door-to-door to visit lawful gun owners and, you know, just have a look around.

What could possibly go wrong?

gun confiscation

Attachment 10694

Am I exaggerating? A year ago if I’d warned about cops being sent to gun owners homes to “inspect” them, you’d have said that was exaggeration. Five years ago if I’d said Massachusetts towns would make it illegal to smoke outside you would have said the same.

By the way, nobody should be surprised that this attempt to intimidate gun owners is happening in Swampscott. It’s a town notorious for treating citizens like servants to be ordered around.

I’d just remind Selectman Greenfield that these things don’t always work out well for anti-gun extremists, even in Massachusetts. Just ask former Westford selectman Robert Jeffries.

?I?m From The Government And I?m Here To Inspect Your Guns? | The Natural Truth

"Me? Own guns? Definitely not."

And... where are they supposed to smoke now?

I love rural Colorado...
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Hm. Cant smoke outside, yeah, good luck enforcing that. "Me, Own guns? Nahhh, Have a look around? Nope, not unless you have a warrant, good day sir."
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

My front door has an additional heavy storm door as well. The top window of the screen door slides down and provides a roll out screen where the window was. This is a nice feature in case I'd like some fresh air in my house. It's even nicer when an officer comes up to my door. I can keep the door locked, slide the window down and have a pleasant conversation through the screen while they are on the outside of my home.

You let an officer in your house, you HAVE given up your 4th Amendment rights. Don't let 'em in without a warrant.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Heller affirmed that laws requiring a locked or disassembled gun mean its not readily usable for defense and therefor a violation of the second. Excuse the selectman's ignorance of the 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments. You're looking at the next congressman.
    Meanwhile, no habla.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Nazi Germany or the U.S.? It's hard to decide anymore.

8. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    My front door has an additional heavy storm door as well. The top window of the screen door slides down and provides a roll out screen where the window was. This is a nice feature in case I'd like some fresh air in my house. It's even nicer when an officer comes up to my door. I can keep the door locked, slide the window down and have a pleasant conversation through the screen while they are on the outside of my home.

You let an officer in your house, you HAVE given up your 4th Amendment rights. Don't let 'em in without a warrant.
    I have a heavy storm door also with the sliding glass, and the screen is already in place. I never thought of using it that way, but thanks for the tip!
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Heller affirmed that laws requiring a locked or disassembled gun mean its not readily usable for defense and therefor a violation of the second. Excuse the selectman's ignorance of the 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments. You're looking at the next congressman.
    Meanwhile, no habla.
    Que? No se habla Ingles. Or nein sprechen sie englisch.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Que? No se habla Ingles. Or nein sprechen sie englisch.
    Nein. Ich auch nicht.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

You are standing on my private property and have 30 seconds to exit peacefully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast