Obamacare is making a great cover for this...

Thread: Obamacare is making a great cover for this...

Exclamation Obamacare is making a great cover for this...

The TPP, if Passed, Spells the End of Popular Sovereignty for The United States naked capitalism

We're busy trying to save the Second Amendment, but if this happens, we might not have a Constitution! Who wants to be governed by a bunch of businessmen, who don't even care about pretending to represent the people in the country?

--Still fact checking, FYI... was posted on Facebook by an economist I follow. For now it's beyond me as I'm trying to write a paper for a class. Only 25 pages long so far... lol Gotta finish tomorrow!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

So I've had some time to look at this now... And finding unbiased sources is nearly impossible. It doesn't help that it isn't finalized yet. The one I posted definitely is biased, however the guy who shared it has been pretty trustworthy. I don't try to verify everything he says (I'm not always interested), but everything I have tried to verify does check out.

Either way, after learning more about NAFTA during a business class or two while working on my Bachelor's, that didn't work out so well for us. "Free trade" anything seems to wind up being detrimental to the economy, no matter how good it sounds.

If this really does put the interests of a company over that of the government, which it sounds like it does, we're screwed. Bloomberg could buy a company, sue the U.S. government for being "unfair," win (because the case will be decided by three "independent" lawyers), completely bankrupt the government (as no appeals are allowed), and then own it. Sound fun?

Sure, if this passes it might help the economy. It might even wind up being a good thing. Heck, I'd love to be proven wrong (seriously... someone PLEASE find something to disprove this!). Just because I haven't found it yet doesn't mean it's out there... I work full time and am working on my Masters, so I can't spend as much time as I normally would. But do we really trust something being pushed by the Obama administration? I'd really like to know for sure what this thing means before it's too late.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara