Is It Wrong To Be Anti-Gov't? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is It Wrong To Be Anti-Gov't?

Another Sign of the Times.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I believe in government of, for, and by the people.
    Believe it or not, like it or not, that's exactly what we've got. Just because "the people" are stupid doesn't change the facts.

~ We Reap What We Sow, More Than What We Sow, Later Than We Sow ~
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

3. "Government must expand to meet the needs of an expanding government." (Ashleigh Brilliant, 1977)

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    "Government must expand to meet the needs of an expanding government." (Ashleigh Brilliant, 1977)
    .......And it is expanding. hahahahahahahaha.....
    Samuel Colt did more for equality in America than any civil rights activist.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Believe it or not, like it or not, that's exactly what we've got. Just because "the people" are stupid doesn't change the facts.

~ We Reap What We Sow, More Than What We Sow, Later Than We Sow ~
    I agree. The government I referred to was one replacing the insane, dictatorial regime we have now. One who cared about its citizens. Takes a little reading between the lines, I suppose.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

ďReligion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.Ē ― Steven Weinberg

I am not anti government. I just happen to despise the one we have at the moment.

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

8. Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    I think anarchy would be a disaster for nearly all involved. I do sometimes contemplate the need for democracy to be fed by the blood of patriots now and then ( I know I biffed that quote but I got the gist).
    you need to think about the fact some of the best times in this country is when we had anarchy. Anarchy has just gotten a bad name because of the progressives that want to control everything, and they hate anything that they are not control of

BTW we do not have a democracy. that is the worst form of government. just ask Plato

I have never been anti- government and I love my country. That is the exact reason that I am against those who are in the process of destroying the republic or what little is left of it. Being against big government puts one in some very good company. Men like Jefferson, Adams, and Washington believed in a government that was only large enough to avoid anarchy.

We have never been a democracy, which Plato believed to be the worst of all forms of government. In a democracy the majority always votes to enslave the minority. And this is exactly what we are seeing today. True democracies never last; they are doomed to bankruptcy in only a few years. The progressives and the major media outlets are trying to revise history and make the idiot voter groups believe that we are a democracy, which can most easily be changed into the Marxist collective that progressives desire. In fact Marx called this situation "the dictatorship of the proletariat."

All I can say is that the producers have finally been enslave to Uncle Sam's Plantation. We the producers are here to feed and take care of the commune. Enslavement of this type has gone on since the dawn of man. This time it's just called something else.
    -
    LOVE my Country? Ya dam straight, have served and protected. Love this Bastardized form of Gov't? Hell no, they're stealing the fruits of our labor. Gotta to go now and return back to my crops. Someone has to feed the masses.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

11. First are you anti government as in all government is evil or anti government as in I donít like the current administration? Iím not happy with the current government but I think some government is necessary.

Second is it wrong to hold a negative opinion of government? No but I really donít think itís Ok to start throwing bombs on your own tick.
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast