US HB3484 Introduced, Bans All Weapons From Airports With Limited Exceptions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US HB3484 Introduced, Bans All Weapons From Airports With Limited Exceptions

1. US HB3484 Introduced, Bans All Weapons From Airports With Limited Exceptions

House Bill 3484 was introduced last week, with the text becoming available today. Basically the bill bans all possession of firearms anywhere in a 'covered' airport. In other words creating another 'gun free' zone:

Proposed Federal Gun Legislation HB3484 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

3. Here we go again...

I'll never figure out why these people think a criminal or crazy person will obey a no gun sign.

US HB3484 Introduced, Bans All Weapons From Airports With Limited Exceptions

Don't you know there's a lot of terrorists and criminals upset. Not allowed to carry and kill people at airports anymore thanks to the great and wise democrat thinking machine. Don't know about y'all but I feel safer already. WHAT A JOKE
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

Quote Originally Posted by HoJo View Post
    I'll never figure out why these people think a criminal or crazy person will obey a no gun sign.
    Because it's not about protecting the public from criminals or crazy people. It's about control and taking away our rights, one piece at time.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

I'm curious what fictitious problem they think they're solving. It doesn't apply to those legally traveling with firearms, so who exactly do they think they're prohibiting that's creating a problem now? Is this like double secret probation for those people that forget they have a gun in their suitcase before going to the airport? Do they really think making it more illegal than it already is will miraculously improve those people's memory?

By the way, only about 11% of bills ever make it out of committee and only 3% actually pass the House, so just having a resolution introduced isn't exactly cause for panic.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I'm curious what fictitious problem they think they're solving. It doesn't apply to those legally traveling with firearms, so who exactly do they think they're prohibiting that's creating a problem now? Is this like double secret probation for those people that forget they have a gun in their suitcase before going to the airport? Do they really think making it more illegal than it already is will miraculously improve those people's memory?
    Just more chipping away at 2A is the purpose. Then they will amend it to include all guns that are stowed away in the luggage.

The why is because these people are both criminal and crazy. So they wouldn't think of carrying in the first place.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

10. Aren't guns already banned in airports? I know you can travel with on as checked baggage but it requires it to be in a locked case and unloaded.

Because, possibly, they are mentally challenged?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast