Would you ban guns or other arms anywhere? And, if so, what kinds? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Would you ban guns or other arms anywhere? And, if so, what kinds?

Isn't that a non-control, gun control law?
    Interesting thought. But we have seen following the Constitution as Vermont has for centuries and as Alaska has started to do works best. "Shall issue" Carry permit laws are only a poor substitute that still is gun control.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

wolfhunter Guest
    The Second Ammendment was written to be a National carry permit. Nothing else should be required.

2nd Amendment "Shall not be infringed"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    The Second Ammendment was written to be a National carry permit. Nothing else should be required.
    You've got it right. Unfortunately only 2 states are willing to follow the Constitution.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

The DUE PROCESS CLAUSE OF THE 14TH AMENDMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO INALIENABLE RIGHTS...

For instance, you can never be deprived your freedom of speech...
    Reaffirmed in the 1st amendment...

So how can you possibly make the argument that you can be deprived the right to defend yourself by any means necessary, anywhere?

What has happened is that the the unspecified powers granted the states in the 10th and 14th amendments have been allowed to be abused to the point of infringement of inalienable rights...

And now once again we have allowed a gun-grabber, freedom squasher, into the white house; combined with a liberal majority in the house and senate...

The Second Amendment Does Not Stand A Chance, unless we protest in large numbers in every major city in the country; and say we will not let this pass quietly in the night as has been in the past...

If that does not do it; then we must follow the advice and example of our founding fathers and REVOLT AGAINST THE TYRANNY OF OUR OWN GOVERNMENT!

"ITS TIME WE STARTED GIVING THE SECOND AMENDMENT THE SAME ATTENTION WE GIVE THE FIRST AMENDMENT"... Governor Mike Huckabee

Good points. I'll have to think on the "Due Process" factor and figure out how to get around it in my magical world where only bad guys are restricted from having guns.
    Husky Girl

wolfhunter Guest
    Bohemian,
    After reading your post, I remembered several books regarding the federal government usurping authority not granted by the Constitution. So, I re-read the 2d and 14th ammendments. You are absolutely right. There should be no restriction on where, when or what we can carry.

I can see banning civilian ownership of nuclear weapons, and high explosives in urban areas.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789