Would you ban guns or other arms anywhere? And, if so, what kinds?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you ban guns or other arms anywhere? And, if so, what kinds?

1. Question Would you ban guns or other arms anywhere? And, if so, what kinds?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment02/

arm[3] 1 a: a means (as a weapon) of offense or defense ; especially : firearm
    firearm : a weapon from which a shot is discharged by gunpowder —usually used of small arms
    Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online

I want to know if there is any location that you would allow firearms to be prohibited were it your choice and why or why not.

And, by anywhere, I mean anywhere.

Jails?
    CIA headquarters?
    Some other place?

Also, what weapons would you want banned, if any, if you could choose which "arms" were and were not banned for the general population.

A-10 Warthog?
    WMD?
    Some other weapon?

Where is your line for small arms?
    Would you be less than thrilled if I was picnic'ing in a public park with a 50 cal on my blankie?

As silly as these questions may seem, I'm hoping to get a feel for where the boundaries might be among the folks on this board.

-BoomChick

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"The District may not attempt to solve its crime problems by violating the rights of law-abiding citizens." -- Robert Levy

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChick View Post
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment02/

arm[3] 1 a: a means (as a weapon) of offense or defense ; especially : firearm
    firearm : a weapon from which a shot is discharged by gunpowder —usually used of small arms
    Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online

I want to know if there is any location that you would allow firearms to be prohibited were it your choice and why or why not.

And, by anywhere, I mean anywhere.

Jails?
    CIA headquarters?
    Some other place?

Also, what weapons would you want banned, if any, if you could choose which "arms" were and were not banned for the general population.

A-10 Warthog?
    WMD?
    Some other weapon?

Where is your line for small arms?
    Would you be less than thrilled if I was picnic'ing in a public park with a 50 cal on my blankie?

As silly as these questions may seem, I'm hoping to get a feel for where the boundaries might be among the folks on this board.

-BoomChick

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"The District may not attempt to solve its crime problems by violating the rights of law-abiding citizens." -- Robert Levy

I'm not comfortable answering question like this based on the fact that 1) This is your first post. 2) Your profile lacks the basic personal info. 3) These are the kinds of probing questions that I would typically see from folks that are not 2A friendly. 4) I highly doubt that you took the time to read through some of the other stuff that's already been posted and responded to. 5) The name "BoomChick" gives me that JDLR feeling (Just Doesn't Look Right). 6) I'd like to hear about who you are and why you're here before I give any serious consideration to such a loaded question.

I will however offer you this answer:

I feel that firearms should be prohibited from being taken on the underwater portion of any SCUBA diving activity. Safety is my biggest concern being that since most firearms aren't designed to be fired underwater, doing so would be both ineffective as well as dangerous.

With that said, please post some details about yourself and your interests. I've been on this board for a while and have seen many folks asking similar questions to "stir the pot". If you're one of those types, I won't get pulled in to your silly antics. If you're sincere about being here and would like to learn about the firearms community, I'd be more than happy to offer my opinions and/or advice.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Anywhere a police or federal officer is prohibited. Other than that no restrictions

I am a law abiding citizen and I object to being treated as if I am some sort of dangerous criminal-in-waiting just because I don't have a badge.
    John - KJ4NSE
    Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | ARRL
    Why would God invent something like whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post
    Anywhere a police or federal officer is prohibited. Other than that no restrictions

I am a law abiding citizen and I object to being treated as if I am some sort of dangerous criminal-in-waiting just because I don't have a badge.
    Great answer! I've gotta remember that one.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

The only restriction I can think of is that passengers carrying on aircraft should be required to use highly frangible ammunition. Depressurization in mid-air sucks.

Otherwise, I can't think of any good reason to restrict firearms anywhere else, including CIA HQ. You have to walk back to your car and drive home at some point, right?

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    The only restriction I can think of is that passengers carrying on aircraft should be required to use highly frangible ammunition. Depressurization in mid-air sucks.

Otherwise, I can't think of any good reason to restrict firearms anywhere else, including CIA HQ. You have to walk back to your car and drive home at some point, right?
    The depressurization theory is a myth. There is a hole on the top of the plane that is part of the system that regulates the pressure inside of the plane. They tried it on "Mythbusters" and couldn't make the plane depressurize due to a bullet hole. I don't know of any cases where a bullet has caused a plane to rip apart and depressurize in flight. Here's an article with more information: Can a bullet bring down an airliner?

gf

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post

+1 to that.. good answer
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

boyzoi Guest

I usually take my stinger on picnics......so no, your .50 wont bother me.

This is the first time on this forum that a first post made me un-easy. I unfortunatly would love to respond to this, but that post really gave me a weird feeling. Sorry.

You guys can flame me if need be.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Perhaps we should ban the 1st Amendment to keep people from asking dumb questions designed to bate people.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast