A constitutional question - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A constitutional question

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Valid or not, should a change be made of that nature many would simply obey because they are law abiding citizens (California is a case in point with their vague list of illegal guns). Those that didn't would have the strong-arm of the law coming after them and most likely be forced to comply. While I honestly don't believe enough states would vote to make a change of that nature (at least not now), I do believe the possibility exists.
    You're right, that's probably the case. At least in this hypothetical situation the Constitution itself would be the law the citizen is obeying, instead of the situation now, where citizens are obliged to obey laws that are unconstitutional.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

3. We are bound by the gun. Luckly we still have ours,But is resistance futal. Luckly in florida we still have chad.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    We are bound by the gun. Luckly we still have ours,But is resistance futal. Luckly in florida we still have chad.
    Kwo51, your dry sense of humor may not be recognized by some but I find it amusing. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Kwo51, your dry sense of humor may not be recognized by some but I find it amusing. :)
    agreed !

Now, from what I have been gathering just lurking through most of this is :

The constitution/amendments/BOR are LAW. If you look at changing just one part of it, and remove it. That is to me saying that you know more, and have a better understanding than those who actually wrote it.

As much as I hate all of the freedom of speech ( and I really do ! ), it is still a freedom that we have in this country, and that our families have fought to preserve all these years.

But, such as in the speech issue - it is MY OPINION !!!!! If it bothers me, then that is me. Statistically, there are even the same type of dregs in that crowd ( probably moreso than we realize), but how is it they have a louder voice to keep that freedom than we do? Is it d/t the fact that art cannot kill? .. but "guns" can?

I feel that it is bad, and the future of my unborn child will be more negatively affected by freedom of speech, than RKBA. But, they don't seem to care about that, do they?

I am sorry for ranting, I could probably go on. At least in my thought process, I ask myself - (all kidding aside) - "What do they have going for them more than we do that thier lives go on, unopposed?" What do we have to do to gain a stronger voice? We have the numbers, why not the influence? And I may have hit the nail on the head right there. Do we need to do a better job standing together in the voting process? Is THAT our weak link? Not looking at the large picture, and dividing our forces at the poll?

That, ...... and the fact less children are being taught the values,respect, and responsibilities of gun ownership. When did this all change? What happenned to change it? How can we get back to that point again, and reverse it?

One of my friends who is a youth pastor told me once - " If you make a change in your life, and it does not seem for the better, try going back to that last point, re-evaluate, and re-choose. Maybe God is trying to tell you something."

Thanks for "listening" .................. mot

6. Lets hope He is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by mot mayhem View Post
    agreed !

Now, from what I have been gathering just lurking through most of this is :

The constitution/amendments/BOR are LAW. If you look at changing just one part of it, and remove it. That is to me saying that you know more, and have a better understanding than those who actually wrote it.

As much as I hate all of the freedom of speech ( and I really do ! ), it is still a freedom that we have in this country, and that our families have fought to preserve all these years.

But, such as in the speech issue - it is MY OPINION !!!!! If it bothers me, then that is me. Statistically, there are even the same type of dregs in that crowd ( probably moreso than we realize), but how is it they have a louder voice to keep that freedom than we do? Is it d/t the fact that art cannot kill? .. but "guns" can?

I feel that it is bad, and the future of my unborn child will be more negatively affected by freedom of speech, than RKBA. But, they don't seem to care about that, do they?

I am sorry for ranting, I could probably go on. At least in my thought process, I ask myself - (all kidding aside) - "What do they have going for them more than we do that thier lives go on, unopposed?" What do we have to do to gain a stronger voice? We have the numbers, why not the influence? And I may have hit the nail on the head right there. Do we need to do a better job standing together in the voting process? Is THAT our weak link? Not looking at the large picture, and dividing our forces at the poll?

That, ...... and the fact less children are being taught the values,respect, and responsibilities of gun ownership. When did this all change? What happenned to change it? How can we get back to that point again, and reverse it?

One of my friends who is a youth pastor told me once - " If you make a change in your life, and it does not seem for the better, try going back to that last point, re-evaluate, and re-choose. Maybe God is trying to tell you something."

Thanks for "listening" .................. mot
    Mot Mayhem you could not be more correct, however, all rights are intertwined. Lose one and lose all. That's why we must protect all of them, especially the 2A.

We are bound by the gun. Luckly we still have ours,But is resistance futal. Luckly in florida we still have chad.
    Yes, but Chad was hanged.

Lets hope He is listening.
    I pray that HE is....

{{ Mot Mayhem you could not be more correct, however, all rights are intertwined. Lose one and lose all. That's why we must protect all of them, especially the 2A. ****

Yes, I understand they all are. And that's why we SHOULD fight to preserve them. There are other groups out there defending other rights. This is our battle.

We just need people that will defend them ALL in the higher ranks. I guess that is where our voice in November always needs to be united. As individuals, and a as country.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by mot mayhem View Post
    I pray that HE is....

{{ Mot Mayhem you could not be more correct, however, all rights are intertwined. Lose one and lose all. That's why we must protect all of them, especially the 2A. ****

Yes, I understand they all are. And that's why we SHOULD fight to preserve them. There are other groups out there defending other rights. This is our battle.

We just need people that will defend them ALL in the higher ranks. I guess that is where our voice in November always needs to be united. As individuals, and a as country.
    Trust me, I am listening. I also couldn't agree more, we must stand as one and be very verbal about our desires. I am not a one issue voter, however, the 2A is high priority when it comes to selecting a representative. I still say if you fight for one right, you fight for all rights. I study all candidates closely and vote appropriately. I also choose the one closest to my beliefs that has the best chance of winning.

11. No I know for a fact he is living in Georgia.I also choose the one closest to my beliefs that has the best chance of winning. Thats why I did not vote for mickey mouse I was afarid he would win,and he is a little goofey

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast