A constitutional question - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A constitutional question

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    No I know for a fact he is living in Georgia.I also choose the one closest to my beliefs that has the best chance of winning. Thats why I did not vote for mickey mouse I was afarid he would win,and he is a little goofey
    Kwo51 it seems I'm at a loss as to your meaning but it seems to go beyond the scope of this thread.

I think this thread has been milked for all it's worth.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

4. Chad moved to georgia about 3 years ago. I would hate to vote for Gulinai just because he was the only against billery.

Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    There's something I've been thinking about as a result of recent posts...

We don't lose our freedom of speech, or religion, right to a fair trial, right to be secure in our homes or persons, etc when we are convicted of a felony. Why then do we lose our right to bear arms?

To someone who believes that the 2nd amendment is a collective right, this question isn't even worth asking. But what about those who believe it is an individual right?

I'm asking this as a constitutional question, not as a utilitarian question. Utilitarian-wise, it's very clear why this might be desired. Whether this is constitutionally justifiable is my question. This is an open question, but particularly I'd like to hear Woody's opinion on this.
    I agree.

It is all about choice and accountability. We have choice and with it, if we chose poorly, we have accountability.

Tarzan
    1 Timothy 5:8

"But if any aprovide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

6. If all firearms were outlawed then excons would not want them, or be able to get them.If all illegal allens and excon voted we would be gone.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567