CCW in Nat'l Parks

Thread: CCW in Nat'l Parks

CCW in Nat'l Parks

Whatever happened with that? The last I heard the .gov was waiting for responses from the public until the end of August. Now it's October and I don't hear a thing. I'd like to know if it will get signed by Bush before he leaves office just in case the ******* gets in.
    [B]Μολών Λαβέ

كافر , and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by zwvirtual View Post
    Whatever happened with that? The last I heard the .gov was waiting for responses from the public until the end of August. Now it's October and I don't hear a thing. I'd like to know if it will get signed by Bush before he leaves office just in case the ******* gets in.
    good point.. haven't heard anything lately either.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

If Obama is elected you can kiss that good-by.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Bush doesn't need to sign anything. It's a federal regulation that forbids National Park carry, not a law.

However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the regulation to change. I believe the National Park Service bureaucrats are waiting to see who gets elected November 4th. Then if Obama wins the election (as I fully expect him to do), they will drag their feet some more until January 20th. After January 20th they can announce there isn't going to be any rule change.

I suppose Bush and Secretary of the Interior Kempthorne could force the issue between now and January 20th, but if this was something they really cared about, why did they wait until seven years into the administration to initiate a rule change?

Quote Originally Posted by rt48 View Post
    Bush doesn't need to sign anything. It's a federal regulation that forbids National Park carry, not a law.

However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the regulation to change. I believe the National Park Service bureaucrats are waiting to see who gets elected November 4th. Then if Obama wins the election (as I fully expect him to do), they will drag their feet some more until January 20th. After January 20th they can announce there isn't going to be any rule change.

I suppose Bush and Secretary of the Interior Kempthorne could force the issue between now and January 20th, but if this was something they really cared about, why did they wait until seven years into the administration to initiate a rule change?
    This really surprises me coming from Kempthorne, the former governor of Idaho, one of America's most gun friendly states.