Gun Ban Obama-Biden - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Gun Ban Obama-Biden

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky Girl View Post
    According to his voting record, it looks like he's pretty consistent - not flip-floping the way some people have suggested. It also looks like while he may be personally against handguns, he is supportive of the 2nd amendment in that he believes it is up to local governments to make laws regarding gun control, not the federal government.

    One of the most encouraging points that I saw was that he voted "Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)" - to me that is the way it shoudl be. The federal government has no right to limit constitutional rights, and it's up to me to make sure that my local government officials won't either.
    Just what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do you not understand?

    NRA-ILA :: "Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

    On the Second Amendment, Donít Believe Obama:
    NRA-ILA ::

    Obama to Get the Dems 'Barack' into the Business of Gun Control

    With Biden, Obama Doubles Down On Gun Control

    YouTube - Obama on concealed weapons permits

  2.   
  3. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    was trying to say that (from the voting record that was posted earlier) it doesn't sound like he wants to mess with 2A. He wants to leave it up to the local governments. if that's the case, then I'm going to pay more attention to how my local government officials feel about gun control than I am to how he feels about gun control.
    Can you see that accepting gun control at the state and local level is exactly the same as accepting speech control at the state and local level? It is the destruction of the Bill of Rights.

    Of course under the 14th Amendment the SC has ruled that the Bill of Rights is applied to the States. They made that ruling concerning a free speech ruling.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  4. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky Girl View Post
    I was trying to say that (from the voting record that was posted earlier) it doesn't sound like he wants to mess with 2A. He wants to leave it up to the local governments. if that's the case, then I'm going to pay more attention to how my local government officials feel about gun control than I am to how he feels about gun control.

    Either way, it's a moot point, becuase as someone else pointed out, 2A is a federal issue, not a local issue. I think I made the mistake of becoming defensive before I really thought out my arguement. My bad! Don't worry, I'll so some more research and come up with something...
    Obama: “...I am
    consistently on record and will
    continue to be on record as opposing
    concealed carry.”
    Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004


    In my view IT Sure sounds like he INTENDS TO MESS WITH THE SECOND AMENDMENT and he thinks it is ok if the states do as well...

    BOTH OF WHICH FAIL CONSTITUTIONAL MUSTER AS IT WAS WRITTEN...

    YouTube - Obama on concealed weapons permits

    NRA-ILA :: "Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

    The Unabridged Second Amendment

  5. Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    I don't think he will have time to do all that you say he will because he will be too busy cleaning up bush-mcain's failed policy's, digging this country out of the hole its in, creating jobs, and ending this mess in iraq to even start thinking about taking mine and your guns away. Get real man.
    Agreed. The guy's got more to do than confiscate guns from law-abiding citizens. Let's give Obama a year or two to prove himself?

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by tristanshout View Post
    Agreed. The guy's got more to do than confiscate guns from law-abiding citizens. Let's give Obama a year or two to prove himself?
    Why give him a year or two to prove that he can make good on his promises to violate multiple areas of our basic Constitutional rights? That's like giving an attacker time to prove that they can pistol-whip you.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  7. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by tristanshout View Post
    Agreed. The guy's got more to do than confiscate guns from law-abiding citizens. Let's give Obama a year or two to prove himself?
    Spoken like somebody who clearly voted for Gun Ban Obama...

    YOU ARE WRONG: Because the lying, kool-aid, distributing, Messiah can not be trusted with our constitutional rights as far as we can throw him...

    NRA-ILA :: "Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

    YouTube - Obama on concealed weapons permits

    Obama: “...I am
    consistently on record and will
    continue to be on record as opposing
    concealed carry.”
    Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

    YouTube - Gun rights

    YouTube - Alan Keyes on the Second Amendment and gun rights

    Presidential Candidates and Assault Weapons...
    Obama on the assault weapons ban... "the NRA has prevented that legislation from getting through congress, as President I intend to make it happen"
    YouTube - Presidential Candidates and Assault Weapons
    Last edited by Bohemian; 11-10-2008 at 08:09 AM.

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Bohemian

    YOU ARE WRONG: Because the lying, kool-aid, distributing, Messiah can not be trusted with our constitutional rights as far as we can throw him...
    You are wasting your time. Facts and evidence don't matter to the Obama worshiper.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  9. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    You are wasting your time. Facts and evidence don't matter to the Obama worshiper.

    +1. They have their minds made up and we are not going to confuse them with the facts.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Obama is truly a master of cognitive dissonance. It's amazing how he can say two mutually exclusive things at once with a straight face. He says he believes in 2A - but that "reasonable restrictions" are fine. Ok, like what? Well, like laws that directly contradict the right that he supposedly agrees with.

    Much of his rhetoric is self-contradictory, and depending on how you interpret what he says, he's either for or against whatever issue he's talking about. Listening to him gives me a headache.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast