Ruger Mini-14 in massive caliber - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger Mini-14 in massive caliber

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    The California law is not only specific to .50 cal, it is specific to .50BMG! A .50 blackpowder is legal.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but under federal law, blackpowders and muzzleloaders aren't considered firearms, and therefore, don't even have to be transferred through an FFL, right? Furthermore, they aren't subject to the same caliber restrictions that "firearms" are, are they?

wolfhunter Guest
    You are correct. Blackpowder was just the quick example of a .50 cal, non-BMG

You are correct. Blackpowder was just the quick example of a .50 cal, non-BMG
    That's what I thought. But this still doesn't answer my original question. Are "firearms" larger than .50 and .50 BMG legal under PRCA law?

wolfhunter Guest
    firearms larger than .50" bore, other than shotguns, fall under the Class III regulations like machine guns and other destructive devices, so they probably wouldn't be legal in PRCA.

firearms larger than .50" bore, other than shotguns, fall under the Class III regulations like machine guns and other destructive devices, so they probably wouldn't be legal in PRCA.
    Wouldn't you know it? Of course they'd probably find some reason not to allow anyone to register anything in that caliber.

wolfhunter Guest
    But you could develop a wildcat .50Tatted round and be perfectly legal.

But you could develop a wildcat .50Tatted round and be perfectly legal.
    Why bother? I'll just stay right here in Indiana where I'm at and enjoy my freedom, thank you very much. I'll get my .50BMG eventually.

wolfhunter Guest
    I'm dreaming of a Barrett Model 99 in .416Barrett, actually. Higher muzzle velocity, better balistics.
    Check it out: Barrett Rifles

I'm dreaming of a Barrett Model 99 in .416Barrett, actually. Higher muzzle velocity, better balistics.
    Check it out: Barrett Rifles
    Why not the .50 cal? Scared?

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Why not the .50 cal? Scared?
    I have no fear of any firearm as long as I am holding the stock or grip. Did you miss my comment regarding HIGHER MUZZLE VELOCITY and BETTER BALISTICS? However, the Model 95 is on my wish list for .50BMG.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123