Teenager: I Registered To Vote 73 Times
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teenager: I Registered To Vote 73 Times

No wonder Obama is leading in the polls

Teenager: I Registered To Vote 73 Times - Politics News Story - KXAS | Dallas

Ohio ACORN Lands In Hot Water

POSTED: 2:01 pm CDT October 13, 2008
    UPDATED: 2:31 pm CDT October 13, 2008

A Cleveland teenager who claims he registered to vote 73 times over a five-month period has set of alarm bells among election officials in Ohio's most populous county.

Compare Candidates

The bipartisan Cuyahoga County Board of Elections in Cleveland voted unanimously Monday to ask Prosecutor Bill Mason to investigate multiple registrations by four people, including 19-year-old Freddie Johnson.

All four said they signed forms at the behest of a community organizing group, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform, known as ACORN.

Johnson said he was trying to help paid ACORN solicitors collect signed registrations. He said he has not voted, and said he filled out the cards because he was given cigarettes and about $20.

ACORN's Ohio state director, Katy Gall, said ACORN is cooperating with the investigation and would fire anyone soliciting duplicate registrations. He also pointed out that no fraud was committed because the teen had not cast a vote.

The fracas is the latest round in a battle over ACORN's impact on voter registration this year. The group says it has signed up 1.3 million poor and working-class voters in a mass registration drive in 18 states this year.

In Pennsylavania, the district attorney for the Pittsburgh area is investigating possible forgery and other irregularities on voter registration forms turned in by ACORN.

Mike Manko, a spokesman for the Allegheny County district attorney, said fewer than 100 registration forms were apparently forged or otherwise illegitimate.

ACORN issued a statement Friday dismissing the fraud allegations in Pennsylvania as an attempt by a relatively small group of political operatives "to orchestrate hysteria about 'voter fraud.'"

Nevada state investigators raided ACORN's Las Vegas headquarters last week, seizing documents and computer data.

Republican presidential candidate John McCain has called for a federal investigation into ACORN. His campaign manager said that ACORN's connections to Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama's connections to ACORN should be investigated.

ACORN accused Republicans of playing dirty politics and of trying to keep America's less fortunate voters, who tend to be Democrats, from the polls on Nov. 4.

Obama and two other lawyers in 1995 represented ACORN in a lawsuit against the state of Illinois to make voter registration easier. During this year's primary, Obama hired a firm with ties to the group for a massive get-out-the-vote effort.

ACORN executive director Michael Slater said that most wrongdoing is discovered by the group itself, when employees examine registration cards submitted from the field.

Problem cards are flagged and turned over to local election officials, Slater said. Most states, he added, require that every collected card be given to voting jurisdictions.

The surge in new voters helped propel Obama to his party's presidential nomination, and it may carry over to the general election -- 9 million newly registered voters who are overwhelmingly Democratic could add up to a big victory on Election Day.

In states where registration is recorded by party, including eight key states that could decide the election, voters have signed up Democratic in the past six months by a margin of nearly 4-1.

However, simply registering voters, even when the numbers are skewed so heavily toward one party, is no guarantee of success.

Historically, voter turnout among new registrants has been low. And while candidates have months to run registration drives, they have only a tiny window -- several days during early balloting, just hours on Election Day -- to get out the vote.

Still, an Associated Press analysis of registration data found that if the millions of newly registered voters turn out at the same rate as in 2004 and cast ballots with their declared party of choice, Obama could have the votes he needs to wrest several battleground states away from the Republican Party and its nominee, Sen. John McCain.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

boyzoi Guest
    I know there have been reports around here that Acorn is under investigation......1st I hope its true , 2nd I hope they dont sweep it under the rug until after the election 3rd I'd love to see the media follow up on these nut (pun intended) jobs so the whole country can see what a fraud nobama is.

I hope he goes to jail....

the same way I hope the Massachusetts residents that went to N.H. to cast votes earlier this year for Hillary Clinton should be prosecuted.

Boyzoi, what does this have to do with Obama being a fraud ?

There's reports of republican (officials) casting votes of dead people and other illegal acts in practically every election (local),
    Do you believe Obama himself sent this kid to do what he did ?

Are we this desperate that we blame everything on Obama ?
    How about the weather ?

I hate to see when people draw for straws while sinking.

Obama hasn't worked with acorn since the primary so you guys can find another excuse why your man is down in the polls.

But birds of a feather do flock together. Acorn has always been roten. This is nothing new for them.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I'm sure your right on the acorn being rotton. If anybody thinks either campaign isn;t rotten their fooling theirsel ftoo. I think they should just trash those fraudulent registrations and any that look skeptic. Whoever wins i want them to win cause they won, not from cheating.

Obama is the scumb bag that helped start this wallstreet slide .He will do the same for you and your wife.Wake up stupid!!!!!!!!

wow thats pretty mean dude. I forgive you and your name calling. I see your view but i disagree. How old are you cause you are acting about 5. I'm glad John Mccain suspended his campaign to go get the bailout passed too. bipartisan teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    Obama hasn't worked with acorn since the primary so you guys can find another excuse why your man is down in the polls.
    Since the primaries? That was only a few months ago.

Obama's substantial activity with ACORN is well-documented. Here he is at a rally, promising to hold some planning meetings with ACORN and various community groups if he wins the election - but before he takes office!

ACORN has a lot of responsibility for the Community Reinvestment Act, and Clinton-era changes to it that turned it into a powder keg once interest rates were stupidly dropped by Bush. Now it's trying to rig the election so that it can continue the path of destruction.

It's not really surprising whatsoever that ACORN has engaged in rampant fraud - fraud against itself and the system - to get thousands of nonexistent voters registered in swing states. They can't show up to the polls, but they can definitely vote absentee, and also be an angle to make false accusations of fraud when voter turnout is especially low (because many of the voters don't actually exist). This is in keeping with the pattern of corruption established by Obama in his long tawdry history of hanging around terrorists and extremists. If this were with a GOP candidate, it would be blamed on a system rigged by Republicans.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

That must of been what Bush used in 2000 down in florida to beat Gore

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast