Concealed Carry on Campus and Ignorance - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry on Campus and Ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Liberals do not believe in logic. Anything that is logical they will bury and censor it so they can continue to push their own agenda (Political hogwash).
    While I won't quite go as far as saying that they bury anything logical, I will say that they are more emotional than logical and that's why they hate guns.

I used my google account to post with and left them some more logic, but you know how they are, never letting logic or truth get in the way of a good story
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    While I won't quite go as far as saying that they bury anything logical, I will say that they are more emotional than logical and that's why they hate guns.
    Good point sir. You are right about the emotional part

What's really strange, is many states allow carry on campus as long as you are not either employed there or a student there... a visitor can...

this makes absolutely NO SENSE.
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

6. Quote Originally Posted by MP3Mogul View Post
    What's really strange, is many states allow carry on campus as long as you are not either employed there or a student there... a visitor can...

this makes absolutely NO SENSE.
    That's just plain sick. Which states are these?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChick View Post
    I don't know about any states that do this, but indeed, many universities do have a policy to expel students and fire workers who carry. Many of those same universities are silent on the issue of visitors who carry, and mine (Indiana University Northwest) is one of those. I'm not so sure that it's as much of a state law issue as it is a university policy.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChick View Post

I did some work on several UGA campuses (University of GA). The PI firm I was working with ensured me that we didn't need special permission to carry on campus because we weren't students or employees of UGA. As a courtesy, we stopped by the campus police office. After checking our credentials, they issued us permits for the time frame we were working on campus, and told us to let them know if we needed an extention.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I did some work on several UGA campuses (University of GA). The PI firm I was working with ensured me that we didn't need special permission to carry on campus because we weren't students or employees of UGA. As a courtesy, we stopped by the campus police office. After checking our credentials, they issued us permits for the time frame we were working on campus, and told us to let them know if we needed an extention.

gf
    So the campus police felt that your lives were more worthy of protection than those of students or employees. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    So the campus police felt that your lives were more worthy of protection than those of students or employees. Amazing.
    Actually is is an admission of the fact they campus police have no real authority other than what you permit them. In some states the campus police are a hired police force and just like mall security they have no real authority only implied. So they have no means to punish, fine, expel, etc the private citizen on site other than a request to leave.
    Any authority they may have is usually written in the state Constitution or is legislated making them a private police force n even this is questionable, and only applies to state colleges and not private or community schools.
    Laws in each state vary n this is just a rule of thumb and any campus you go to you should research the laws governing that entity first.

It's hard to understand.. No I don't understand. Locally the city fathers thought they would ban CCW from the city parks. State law says they can ban from any building, but thats all. So their plan was to ask and include this into their wise list for the state to pass next year. Well they publish their topics for the meeting(blue laws and all). The place filled up. They tabled the idea and sent it back to the park board. We will keep our eyes on this one.............
    "THE STRONGEST REASON FOR PEOPLE TO RETAIN THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS IS; AS A LAST RESORT, TO PROTECT THEMSELVES AGAINST TYRANNY IN GOVERNMENT."
    THOMAS JEFFERSON

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast