Concealed Carry on Campus and Ignorance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry on Campus and Ignorance

1. Angry Concealed Carry on Campus and Ignorance

Hey folks,

Anyone want to address this site?

Bullet Counter Points

As part of a week long media slam ordained by Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, I've already responded to the "Wild West" post and the "No one should have to go through this. . . " post.

It scares me that people think that more bans regarding firearms is the answer to tragedies like VTech. It's scary to know that obeying laws prohibiting firearms on campuses means I'm a helpless lamb ready for slaughter. I can't believe the audacity of these folks. . .

It's moderated, but they've let one of my comments through. It takes about 24 hours for them to get to them though.

BoomChick

I posted a reply.

It blows me away (pun intended?) that antis want to basically tell me that I'm just SOL if I can't find a dark room to hide in if a shooter comes on campus. Hiding is great - yeah, I'd probably seek cover, and then just wait in case they happen to come my way. I'm not going to pull a Chuck Norris and go on a hunting expedition with one or two magazines versus some guy with three pistols, a rifle and a confirmed deathwish. But what if it's not an option? What if you're just walking around outside, or in a library (remember Columbine?) where there's lead flying before you know what's going on? I doubt you can just hit a light switch and darken a 4-story library.

All things being equal, I'd rather take my chances with any kind of weapon - a gun, a bow and arrow, a bowling ball - versus just saying, "Please don't shoot me!" That won't carry much weight.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

How about bend over, put your head between your legs, and kiss it good by. They are as full of crap as a Christmas turkey.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

5. They blog it so you can't respond , and post a bunch of Garbage , every one should be required to carry or own a weapon , crime would go down to nothing,

I posted this, BTY you did not tell us we had to sign up for a account...
    You really need not look at the statistics (FBI) regarding legal gun owners.

Gun owners are more honest and law abiding than the rest of the nation as a whole. You are less likely to have any problems around a campus full of these people than any place else in the country. Crime rates as a whole are lower where they carry concealed. So any fears you express are unfounded and irrational.

I ask you this... if some nut job that is set on killing as many people as possible were wandering around the campus, going room to room executing everyone in these rooms, would you rather have someone next to you hiding under a desk peeing them self in fear. Crying and trying to make one last cell phone call to a loved one before they die...

Or would you rather have someone trained in self defense licensed by your state with a loaded gun at the ready to stop the criminal when they enter the room?

Chose but chose wisely as your life may depend on it one day!

7. Censoring

These folks seem to be censoring my recent posts. . .

That's too bad too, I thought they were really good.

I included that they were wrong about Britain as a January 2008 article stated that the gov't was lying about their gun crime statistics -- and in fact, gun crime had increased by four times since like 1998. ..

Guess they didn't want others to know about that.

I also included a list of school shootings and the number dead at each one. They were saying only ten dead -- but that's 2003 alone. They wanted to ignore the trend of increasing firearms violence in schools. I suspect because they can see what everyone who looks at the data sees: it's getting worse, banning weapons for responsible folks isn't stopping it, and that the gun ban of 1994 didn't cut it either.

Guess they didn't want others to know about that either.

ARG.

Liberals do not believe in logic. Anything that is logical they will bury and censor it so they can continue to push their own agenda (Political hogwash).

Welcome to the Obama nation.It will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChick View Post
    Hey folks,

Anyone want to address this site?

Bullet Counter Points

As part of a week long media slam ordained by Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, I've already responded to the "Wild West" post and the "No one should have to go through this. . . " post.

It scares me that people think that more bans regarding firearms is the answer to tragedies like VTech. It's scary to know that obeying laws prohibiting firearms on campuses means I'm a helpless lamb ready for slaughter. I can't believe the audacity of these folks. . .

It's moderated, but they've let one of my comments through. It takes about 24 hours for them to get to them though.

BoomChick
    Unfortunately, gun control activists believe that leaving students unarmed while on campus is the best way to protect them from mass murderers. It's going to take a student (probably one who is illegally armed) stopping a mass shooter in order to change some minds on this.

Just left him another one...
    stopgunviolence said:
    "One of Many, the argument here is not that guns cause crime, it is that they make crime and suicide more lethal. And what the numbers bear out is that states with liberal concealed carry laws have higher rates of gun death per capita. In fact, in 2005, of the 30 states with the highest rates of gun death per capita, 29 have "shall-issue" concealed carry laws (CDC data, WISQARS tool). As previously mentioned, the six states with the lowest rates of gun death per capita all have far stricter policies concerned concealed carry (CT, NY, NJ, RI, MA, HI)."

Real good tunnel vision however look at the general crime stats on these states and with the exception of HI they have some of the highest violent crime rates in the nation. N HI if you have ever been there is a world onto it's own...

Here in MI which became a shall issue state crimes have been on the decrease every since it's enactment.

Suicide is a lousy excuse for banning guns. Japan for example no guns there but look at the outrageous suicide per capita rate as opposed to the US.

So the fantasy of banning guns stops suicides is as as simplistic as banning teens from drugs and booze stops them from driving under the influence and getting killed each year, and is as ineffectual. your argument has no foundation.

Further your crime stats on the country's you so idolize are great for suicides by gun deaths but look at the rest of the picture and not just your little piece of data.
    Violent crime has dramatically risen in these couturiers since their gun bans. further if banning guns were so great then all of the small countries of the world that have banned guns would be Paradise's and not the sewer of death, rape and crime they are, Innocent people are shot, hacked to death, raped, and robbed at a alarming rate that appalls the rest of the world, with suicide rates that make ours look like a day at a pre school. Think not then go for a trip and see for your self, the unarmed citizen is a target and not the safe individual your fallacy would make them out to be.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast