This is a email i got. I copied and pasted it so it may not work. - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: This is a email i got. I copied and pasted it so it may not work.

Angry Fools bet

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    whatever. If you feel he is going to take you guns away lets put a wager on it.
    This is a fools bet. Obama will not go door to door to "take" your guns.
    Mr. jwtollett21 do you think Obama will sign a new AWB (HR1022) if the democrat congress puts it on his desk? It is sitting out there waiting for a friendly president.
    We already know the answer, I just want to see if you will answer honestly.
    H.R. 1022: Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 (GovTrack.us)

all thats good guys but taking our guns away ain't on his to do list. He's got to clean up after the last president all you guys voted in for the last 8 years. The economy, Iraq war, and health care, national debt, and the list goes on but that is enough to keep him occupied.
    I smell a TROLL
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

Introduced Feb 13, 2007
    Reported by Committee - no
    Voted on in House - no
    Voted on in Senate - no
    Signed by President - no

This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee. Keep in mind that sometimes the text of one bill is incorporated into another bill, and in those cases the original bill, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned. [Last Updated: Sep 26, 2008]
    Last Action: Mar 19, 2007: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

I would not vote for this bill however i think its nothing to worry about. If for some reason they decide to pick up this old proposal up get it through the commitee, vote on it and pass it in the house and senate Obama would sign it in based on his voting record. However trying to read and decipher through this what seems like greek to me proposal won't affect me going deer hunting or carrying my pistol around to much anyway. I may be wrong But it seems to me like the awb is trying to keep criminals and juvenilesfrom getting these weapons. Also maybe more detailed records of sales and background checks which i have no problem with. I am clean and could care less. I was proud to see none of my democratic representatives here in TN cosponser this. Their are still a few pro 2a democrats out their.

If it looks like a troll, posts like a troll, and doesn't care about another, stronger, AWB bill, then it is a liberal troll. An excellent time to use "ignore".
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

whatever man. Your like some more i've met her that can't take another opinion.

Don't feed the troll

You guys are right i will just vote for mccain because he might(who really knows) veto the awb if for some reason it can even make it to the presidents desk. Who cares about the economy, health care, national deficit, the war in iraq. Lets just vote the same old thing in.

You guys are right i will just vote for mccain because he might(who really knows) veto the awb if for some reason it can even make it to the presidents desk. Who cares about the economy, health care, national deficit, the war in iraq. Lets just vote the same old thing in.
    That is NOT the way it should be done, JW. There ARE other people you can vote for on the ballot if you don't wish to vote for McCain. Others on here will be voting for some of those others that are listed on the ballot.

I, myself, will be voting for McCain because I don't believe any of the others have a chance of making it.

But I will NOT be voting for Obama. After researching and researching he just has too many questions that he doesn't seem to want to answer for us people who wish them answered.

A large majority of others on the USA Carry website have came to that conclusion also: Vote, but do not vote for Obama, he likes to talk like he is Robin Hood, take from the rich and give to the poor. Most of the time, "give" is not good. People feel much better if they "earn" something. Welfare is NOT good for America. How can you have pride if you don't have to work for your money? I feel good, if after working hard, I get my paycheck. Don't you?

On Gun Control Laws:

The problem of taking peoples rights to have weapons/guns away from them goes against why our forefathers came to America. It was about the right to say what you wished to say, and the right to worship how/who you wished to worship.

IF the government takes away our rights to keep weapons/guns and then decides to take other of our rights away... we will have NO way of preventing the government from doing that.

Gun control laws are NOT about criminals. Criminals do not OBEY laws. The laws they pass are to take law abiding peoples rights away. Your and my rights. Not the criminals, s/he doesn't care how many laws we/they make, s/he doesn't obey them anyway.

We don't need more gun control laws, we do NEED more criminal control. We need to punish criminals and punish them HARD those who break the gun control (or any laws) that we have already.

They are going at it backwards, they punish the people who obey the laws. How sad for all of us who do obey the laws.

On the economy:

The President, whomever it may be, can't "fix" the economy. How would they go about that? Write a personal letter to everyone who works on cars in Salem, Oregon and tell them to take all of their Automotive Machine Shop work to Ken and to spend MORE money with Ken, so that Ken (me) can HIRE more employees.
    And those new employees will spend their paycheck buying things for their family and themselves.

That is how the economy gets "fixed". But we (at my shop) notice that all of our customers are "slow" (not having much work to do) too. And why are there not many customers for them?

Because "those" people don't have much money, it is getting spent on gasoline to get to work, and for food to put on the table.

I want to give my employees a raise. For me to do that, I need more customers, more people spending more money at my shop.

It isn't the government/President that "fixes" the economy. It is all the working people in America who buy things/services that make the economy better, because when they make more money, they spend more money.

When everyone can spend more money each month (WITHOUT using Credit Cards or charging it and yes, I use credit and Credit Cards...BUT, they are paid off in FULL each month. Sure, there are things that you need to buy with time payments, but all too many people use credit when they shouldn't be using it. KNOW how you are going to pay the Credit Card bill at the end of the month, BEFORE you use the card to buy whatever it is you want to buy. DON'T do the old "I still have $1,437.00 left on my card I can use, so I might as well buy this", the economy will never get in good shape again if everybody keeps doing that), then the economy picks up.

But it HAS to start at the BOTTOM, with us people. NOT at the top by the government. The government doesn't come into my shop and spend money, people do. People, you and I, make the economy good or bad.

When people spend money they don't have, then the economy gets into BAD shape. We NEED TO/MUST live within our means. Only then will the country become a wonderful place again.

We're going to be in for a rough ride regardless of who makes it in because of the Dem controlled Congress. What will happen will be the same as the last cycle. A newer AWB will get voted in, Congress flips to Rep controlled then it sunsets. Hopefully that's all the damage to the 2A that will happen. I am going some major purchases after November. It will take sometime for the new and improved AWB to get through Congress. I do know they're purposely sitting on it because they're waiting to see who ends up in the Oval Office.

McCain is the lesser evil. I'd rather see Ron Paul or Fred Thompson make it in but usually the ones that will make definite positive change never make it passed the primary.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    all thats good guys but taking our guns away ain't on his to do list.

Well I feel much better now that you have informed me that he has given you his personal word on that. Knowing that politicians never lie we all now can rest much eaiser.
    +1 to that. when their lips are moving. chances are they are lying
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast