This is a email i got. I copied and pasted it so it may not work.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is a email i got. I copied and pasted it so it may not work.

This is a email i got. I copied and pasted it so it may not work.

Dear John,

Barack Obama is committed to protecting the individual 2nd Amendment rights of gun owners for hunting, sport shooting, and personal defense.

But throughout this campaign, negative attacks and smears have tried to mislead voters, and distract them from the facts.

The truth is that Barack has broad support from sportsmen and gun owners across the nation. He even received the endorsement of the American Hunters and Shooters Association -- and not just because he'll defend your right to own a gun. He's also committed to protecting habitats, increasing access to land for hunting and fishing, and he has an economic plan to help struggling middle class families.

We wanted you to hear from someone who knows exactly what's at stake in this election.

Watch this video of an NRA Life Member expressing his support for Barack. Then share it with your friends, so they know that Barack will protect gun rights and fix our broken economy.

Rather than relying on attack ads and distractions, Barack is focused on dealing with the economic challenges Americans are facing.

Barack will give tax cuts to 95% of middle class families. He'll end the tax breaks for companies shipping jobs overseas, and put them where they belong by cutting taxes on small businesses that grow local economies.

But we need your help to make sure people know the truth, and are focused on all the issues.

Watch this video and share it today:

Barack Obama | Change We Need | Watch and Share our Sportsmen Video

With your help, we can set the record straight and bring the change we need.

Thank you,

Sportsmen for Obama

AHSA is a poor substute for gun owners like nobama will be for a leader.

Seems like you missed the fine print: "Please be advised that Senator Obama holds this view as long as it suits his needs. Once he gets enough gullible voters to buy in to his bogus nonsense, he will return to his anti-gun and anti-sportsman position. Please be aware that you have been warned. I'm Barack Obama and I approved this message."

Always read the fine print!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

He may say that now but here's his record:

Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
    FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
    Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
    Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
    2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
    Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
    Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
    Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
    Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
    Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
    Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

all thats good guys but taking our guns away ain't on his to do list. He's got to clean up after the last president all you guys voted in for the last 8 years. The economy, Iraq war, and health care, national debt, and the list goes on but that is enough to keep him occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    all thats good guys but taking our guns away ain't on his to do list. He's got to clean up after the last president all you guys voted in for the last 8 years. The economy, Iraq war, and health care, national debt, and the list goes on but that is enough to keep him occupied.

What are you talking about? I voted for Al Gore and John Kerry.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I just noticed you are from HI. I have always wanted to go their. WHen I get ready i wil have to get some info from you about everything.

JW, if you honestly believe that, with a majority in the Senate and Congress, he will not bring back an AWB and other restrictions I feel for you. "Cleaning up" what was done by Bush isn't a priority with him. Remember that Bush didn't start the financial problems of the country, Clinton did. Here's the evidence:

September 30, 1999
    Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending
    By STEVENA , HOLMES
    ln a move that could help increase home ownership rates among minorities and low-income consumers, the Fannie Mae Corporation is easing the credit requirements on loans that it will purchase from banks and other lenders. The action, which will begin as a pilot program involving 24 banks in 15 markets -- including the New York metropolitan region -- will encourage those banks to extend home mortgages to individuals whose credit is generally not good enough to qualifu for conventional loans. Fannie Mae officials say they hope to make it a nationwide program by next spring. Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administr4fq4.!oexpandmortgageloansamonglowandmode [email protected] mainGffiLen&nenal gto;nflr in profits. In addition, banks, thrift institutions and mortgage companies have been pressing Fannie Mae to help them make more loans to so-called subprime borrowers. These borrowers whose incomes, credit ratings and savings are not good enough to qualify for conventional loans, can only get loans from finance companies that charge much higher interest rates -- anywhere from three to four percentage points higher than conventional loans. "Fannie Mae has expanded home ownership for millions of families in the 1990's by reducing down payment requirements," said Franklin D. Raines, Fannie Mae's chairman and chief executive officer. "Yet there remain too many borrowers whose credit is just a notch below what our underwriting has required who have been relegated to paying significantly higher mortgage rates in the so-called subprime market." Demographic information on these borrowers is sketchy. But at least one study indicates that l8 percent of the loans in the subprime market went to black borrowers, compared to 5 per cent of loans in the conventional loan market. In moving. even tentativelv. into this new area of lendine. Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk. yhich may not pose any difficulties during flush ec o troubled economic [email protected] rescue sim "From the perspective of many people, including me, this is another thrift industry growing up around us," said Peter Wallison a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. "If they fail. the government will have to step up and, bail them out the way it stepped up and bailed out the thrift industry."

You have said in previous posts that you "have followed the election quite closely". My question is how? Have you been listening to the political commercials that both sides play, or have you examined their voting positions while in office. To me it's quite evident that you are a pawn in the campaign. In saying this, I mean that you are playing to the media campaign and not the real issues. You can't tell me that you honestly believe Obama would not restrict gun ownership, his past voting record demonstrates he would.

Here's some financial info for you:

Get minorities into home ownership & global marketplace. (Jan 2001)
    Reform mortgage rules to prevent foreclosure & bankruptcy. (Feb 2008)

And here's some other info:

Voted NO on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
    Voted NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
    Job training for ex-offenders, to avoid return to crime. (Jul 2008)
    Deporting 12 million people is ridiculous and impractical. (Feb 2008)
    Immigrants are scapegoats for high unemployment rates. (Jan 2008)
    Health plan: not enough resources for illegal immigrants. (Jan 2008)
    Illegals shouldn't work; but should have path to citizenship. (Dec 2007)
    Support granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants. (Nov 2007)

all thats good guys but taking our guns away ain't on his to do list.

Well I feel much better now that you have informed me that he has given you his personal word on that. Knowing that politicians never lie we all now can rest much eaiser.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Well minus Iraq.... sounds like Clinton doesn't it? Yeah right........ Clinton never did them either. If you think he balanced the budget I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for you... alot of sand... no water...
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast