Second Amendment, Illegal Aliens, and Noncitizens More Generally...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Amendment, Illegal Aliens, and Noncitizens More Generally...

Second Amendment, Illegal Aliens, and Noncitizens More Generally...

[Eugene Volokh, October 14, 2008 at 7:23pm] Trackbacks
    Second Amendment, Illegal Aliens, and Noncitizens More Generally:

U.S. v. Guerrero-Leco, 2008 WL 4534226 (W.D.N.C. Oct. 6, 2008), holds that the Second Amendment doesn't apply to illegal aliens. The court correctly declines to follow pre-Heller Fourth Circuit precedent that upheld the ban on illegal aliens' possession of guns, and instead reasons itself from Heller. The reasoning, unfortunately, isn't very detailed...click the link below for the reasoning...

The Volokh Conspiracy - Second Amendment, Illegal Aliens, and Noncitizens More Generally:

The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights were written with regard to the citizens of the United States, so basically in my opinion it does not apply to anyone not a citizen or here illegally.

4. Sheldon I could not agree with you more.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

boyzoi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights were written with regard to the citizens of the United States, so basically in my opinion it does not apply to anyone not a citizen or here illegally.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    [Eugene Volokh, October 14, 2008 at 7:23pm] Trackbacks
    Second Amendment, Illegal Aliens, and Noncitizens More Generally:

U.S. v. Guerrero-Leco, 2008 WL 4534226 (W.D.N.C. Oct. 6, 2008), holds that the Second Amendment doesn't apply to illegal aliens. The court correctly declines to follow pre-Heller Fourth Circuit precedent that upheld the ban on illegal aliens' possession of guns, and instead reasons itself from Heller. The reasoning, unfortunately, isn't very detailed...click the link below for the reasoning...

The Volokh Conspiracy - Second Amendment, Illegal Aliens, and Noncitizens More Generally:
    I'm of the opinion that the entire constitution, and not just 2A, applies only to citizens and legal residents, not illegals. As far as I'm concerned, illegals have no rights here.

To take this one step further... go to any other country in the world and expect or demand the same rights they grant their citizens and you will...
    (1) get arrested and jailed with out any legal representation you did not supply...
    (2) laughed at by their people and legal system...
    (3) deported (if you are lucky) post haste...
    (4) further if you are a illegal and are caught all of the above will apply even faster.

If they are illegal, they should not have any constitutional protection. They should be deported, like any other country in the world does. I don't know why it is OK to be an illegal, work in the US, and have 100 kids that we as tax payers have to support.

Quote Originally Posted by mtndwell View Post
    If they are illegal, they should not have any constitutional protection. They should be deported, like any other country in the world does. I don't know why it is OK to be an illegal, work in the US, and have 100 kids that we as tax payers have to support.
    There is a short answerer for that question they are called liberals...

Angry criminals do not get gun rights

The very act of crossing a Nation's border without consent is illegal. In many cases it can and will constitute other FELONY crimes.

Using another person's SSN or other ID to get a drivers license, or other benefits constitutes identity theft fraud.

Driving with out a license and proper insurance is against the law.

aiding and abetting others in a criminal act is also a felony in most places.

Harboring a criminal is also VERY BAD!

Why have we not figured this out and racked and stacked these charges to eliminate the problem of illegal acts?
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

+1 to all of the above.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast