Mccain-Palin - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mccain-Palin

Quote Originally Posted by sirsig1780 View Post
    Bush isn't the one to run the economy into the toilet. Congress controls the economy. Before the Democrats took control of congress the Dow was way up, gas and oil prices were low, the economy was much better. Bush is responsible for the war fiasco. Look and see how the Dems caused this mortgage crisis from Jimmy Carter and his Community Reinvestment Act and Clinton who forced the banks to make bad loans to people who couldn't afford them without even checking employment. Dodd, Barney Frank... and so on. But lets just give someone with NO experience, horrible associates, and a major flip flopper on just about every issue there is a chance just for the possibility for something different. You will get something different but I guarantee that it will not be good. He will make our country much weaker. He already said he wants to disarm the country.

Very good points but I am afraid they will fall on deaf ears. With all the information on Obama that is out there if they still believe that he is their messiah then all I can say is that they have their mind made up and no one will be able confuse them with the facts.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

obama is no messiah. We can count on hk4u to link politics and church together.

JW- Have you ever served in the military or had a father or brother, sister who served? You Obamites keep trotting out that arbitrary figure that McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time and now apparently Jonhn Sununu of NH also voted with Bush 90% of the time. It's a crock of SHiiTe. Lame argument JW. If you want an answer to your question of who is better off running the country and more trusted as a Commander In Chief, ask a current memeber of the US Military! Most will tell you McCain! Most US Servicemen will also tell you they support and trust George W Bush!......including those currently deployed. The military was completely demoralized by Jimmy Carter. The same will happen under Obama.

Surfcc

5. Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    JW- Have you ever served in the military or had a father or brother, sister who served? You Obamites keep trotting out that arbitrary figure that McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time and now apparently Jonhn Sununu of NH also voted with Bush 90% of the time. It's a crock of SHiiTe. Lame argument JW. If you want an answer to your question of who is better off running the country and more trusted as a Commander In Chief, ask a current memeber of the US Military! Most will tell you McCain! Most US Servicemen will also tell you they support and trust George W Bush!......including those currently deployed. The military was completely demoralized by Jimmy Carter. The same will happen under Obama.

Surfcc
    Obviously you don't know or speak to many Iraq vets. I do and most are supporting Obama mainly due to his support of Vets. In fact Obama has a much higher rating from major veterans groups based on his voting record than McCain. One incident that sticks out in my mind is that McCain voted against the new GI Bill he said it was too generous for our vets. I'll stick with the guy who votes for me instead of the guy who blows smoke up my a$$.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Don't believe Iraq Vet's support Obama

I do and most are supporting Obama mainly due to his support of Vets. In fact Obama has a much higher rating from major veterans groups based on his voting record than McCain.
    I don't believe that for a second. I know several and none support Obama.

One incident that sticks out in my mind is that McCain voted against the new GI Bill he said it was too generous for our vets.
    That wasn't what the problem was at all. But that is the misrepresentation that the Dems/MSM/left is peddling. The bill that McCain voted against would have encouraged those in the military to get out. He favored a bill that gave more benefits to those who served the longest.

I'll stick with the guy who votes for me instead of the guy who blows smoke up my a$$.
    Well, Obama is a guy who wanted surrender and withdrawal rather than success in Iraq. He is the guy who opposed the surge even when it was shown to have been successful. The military doesn't want to be pulled out of Iraq the way they were pulled out of Vietnam with their tails between their legs.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    JW- Have you ever served in the military or had a father or brother, sister who served? You Obamites keep trotting out that arbitrary figure that McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time and now apparently Jonhn Sununu of NH also voted with Bush 90% of the time. It's a crock of SHiiTe. .....
    I know, who are we gonna believe, our lieing ears and eyes or you ?

Have you seen the McCain speech ? where it came out of HIS MOUTH that he voted 90% with Bush, more than most of the other Republicants

Have you seen Sununu speech where he ADMITTED he voted with Bush over 80% of the time ?

I know, it was all Hollywood voice-over-video manupilation.

Sorry but since Bush didn't involve himself a lot and because when he did he was right about 90% of the time, someone agreeing with him 90% of the time is probably a good thing.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    I don't believe that for a second. I know several and none support Obama.

That wasn't what the problem was at all. But that is the misrepresentation that the Dems/MSM/left is peddling. The bill that McCain voted against would have encouraged those in the military to get out. He favored a bill that gave more benefits to those who served the longest.

Well, Obama is a guy who wanted surrender and withdrawal rather than success in Iraq. He is the guy who opposed the surge even when it was shown to have been successful. The military doesn't want to be pulled out of Iraq the way they were pulled out of Vietnam with their tails between their legs.

I am sure there are some in the military that are for Obama. The military is like the rest of the country. I am sure it has it's share of those that think those that work for what they have owe part of it to those that want to set on their butts and live off of them. I would find it hard to believe that a majority in the service feel that way though. Then again I have heard that there have been cases where gang bangers have joined just to hone their "skills" so to speak so who knows.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I
    would find it hard to believe that a majority in the service feel that way though

I don't know why you would make such a statement.

Military Times poll: Troops backing McCain - Army News, opinions, editorials, news from Iraq, photos, reports - Army Times

Of course this isn't a "scientific" poll but it is a pretty good showing and indicator of how the military feels.

Then again I have heard that there have been cases where gang bangers have joined just to hone their "skills" so to speak so who knows.
    Forgive me but you have lost all credibility. That kind of an insult to the military pretty well proves your left wing bias.

By the way for those with open minds who are interested in the real way the military feels take a look at the link above or for the breakdown of the poll this next link:
    TNS-Poll 2008 with poll logo
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

wolfhunter Guest
    I was stationed at Parris Island at the same time my Sr. Drill Instructor was serving as an instructor at the DI school. A story he told, and I've since heard from others, was about members of a NY gang that decided to see how tough Marines really are. They enlisted under the Buddy System program. When their bus left NYC, the recruiter called down to Parris Island and gave a heads up.
    At Parris Island, the bus was met by every off duty DI, with riot batons. Thirteen weeks later everyone involved knew the guys were in a new gang, and it was a lot tougher.

Yes, gang members join the service, sometimes to hone skills, sometimes to prove themselves, but often to get away from life in the gangs. MOST of them find a new life, and a new commitment. the others don't last pst a single TOE, if that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast