Mccain-Palin - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mccain-Palin

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    I

I don't know why you would make such a statement.

Military Times poll: Troops backing McCain - Army News, opinions, editorials, news from Iraq, photos, reports - Army Times

Of course this isn't a "scientific" poll but it is a pretty good showing and indicator of how the military feels.

Forgive me but you have lost all credibility. That kind of an insult to the military pretty well proves your left wing bias.

By the way for those with open minds who are interested in the real way the military feels take a look at the link above or for the breakdown of the poll this next link:
    TNS-Poll 2008 with poll logo
    Perhaps you should do a little more research.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Perhaps you should do a little more research.
    Since I provided evidence, maybe it's you who should do the research. I have to wonder where you get off trying to imply our military is dominated by gangbangers.

Many years ago I was in the Army. Today my son who is in the Army Reserve is on active duty, training troops to go to Iraq and Afghanistan. He was activated before and spent a year training troops for the initial invasion of Iraq. He would take umbrage at your inference. I have had long discussions with him about the quality of the troops who were and are going into battle these days. He has had nothing but praise for most all of them. He has run into a couple of Officers who had their heads planted in dark places but the enlisted and most of the Officers have been top flight. I would have no doubt he would consider your comment insulting and extremely ignorant. I also have no doubt that the quality of our military today is much higher than it was during Vietnam when there were so many draftees.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Vets (current & past) and the election

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    Obviously you don't know or speak to many Iraq vets. I do and most are supporting Obama mainly due to his support of Vets. In fact Obama has a much higher rating from major veterans groups based on his voting record than McCain. One incident that sticks out in my mind is that McCain voted against the new GI Bill he said it was too generous for our vets. I'll stick with the guy who votes for me instead of the guy who blows smoke up my a$$.
    OBVIOUSLY Gunny, you don't know me or who I know for that matter! And a quick disclaimer...I have never claimed to "speak" for anyone.....only those I know and confide in. I have 7 young kids in my neighborhood, 2 USAF, 2 USMC, 1 USN as a Corpsman assinged to the USMC, 1 Army Airborne and another USCG. Nearly every one of them has been deployed in theater at minimum 2 times. One of 'em has been to Afghanistan twice (currently) and Iraq twice, including the initial invasion of Baghdad. The kid in the USCG has been once to Iraq to patrol near Basra in the Gulf. ALL Support McCain! In fact, this little neighborhood is THE most G-Damn Patriotic neighborhood on Cape Cod!!! We have 4th of July parties every year, we all have Yellow Ribbons around our trees 24-7, a plethora of McCain-Palin signs adorn our front yards and we have had MANY welcome home parties and going away parties for our boys! We even hang signs on Highway Overpasses which OBAMA's BUDDY DEVAL PATRICK, (D) GOV MA and LIB DEM has ORDERED the MA HWY DEPT to REMOVE!!!! A-Hole with a capital A.

Need more proof about VETS I know???? My dad is a 27 yr Combat Vet, USAF Col, Ret. 2 DFC's and 1 Silver Star. He flew Jolly Green Giants, picking up our guys who got shot down (like McCain) in hostile environments over SE Asia 1969-1970. Over those 27yrs and years since, I have had the tremendous honor of knowing many of his fellow Vets he served with and attended Boston U AFROTC with (2 of them are actually Ret. 1 star and 3 star Gen's [The 3 Star is a Skunk Works SR-71 Jockey] and are brothers) and not one damn one of them that I know of is supporting Obama and nearly all are still strongly pro Bush to the core! We all have an email network that we use to stay in touch with each other and I have not seen one person on email that supports Obama. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!

N'uff Said?

Semper Fi

Surfcc

Military Vote

Army Sgt. 1st Class Derriel D. Collins, who is black, said he was influenced by McCain’s service record, though he acknowledges black friends question his decision.

“I’m not going to give [my vote] to you just because you’re black,” he said. “It doesn’t work like that.”

“John McCain went to war for this country, even though he had an admiral father who probably could have gotten him out of the service,” Collins said. “He stuck it out five years in a prisoner of war camp. If that ain’t fortitude, showing your willingness to go all the way, I don’t know what the credentials are.”

Surfcc

Since I provided evidence, maybe it's you who should do the research. I have to wonder where you get off trying to imply our military is dominated by gangbangers.

Many years ago I was in the Army. Today my son who is in the Army Reserve is on active duty, training troops to go to Iraq and Afghanistan. He was activated before and spent a year training troops for the initial invasion of Iraq. He would take umbrage at your inference. I have had long discussions with him about the quality of the troops who were and are going into battle these days. He has had nothing but praise for most all of them. He has run into a couple of Officers who had their heads planted in dark places but the enlisted and most of the Officers have been top flight. I would have no doubt he would consider your comment insulting and extremely ignorant. I also have no doubt that the quality of our military today is much higher than it was during Vietnam when there were so many draftees.

Obviously you did not read Wolfhunter's post or perhaps you think he does not know what he is talking about either. Perhaps you should read my post more carefully instead of accusing me of saying something I did not say. I never said the military is dominated by gang bangers. What I did say was that some gang bangers have joined to get better training. Read that some
    . I can not make that more clear and Wolfhunter's re enforces what I said. There are a lot of good men and women in the service however that does not mean that there are no bad apples. My point again then being that although most of those in the service are probably for McCain we can not rule out the fact that their may be some that will vote for Obama. I hope this clears it up but if not read into it what ever you want I don't really care.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    Please, in my post, I stated that gang members have joined the service. MOST of them got over the gangbanger life in the process, and NONE of the former gang members I knew would vote for a liberal, anti-military, anti-guns, anti-American like Obama. In short, they went in as gangbangers, had a life changing experience and are now dyed in the wool conservatives.

Weird!! I wrote a brilliant reply to your post and somehow it didn't get posted. I will try again but I'm sure I can't match the brilliance of my first attempt.

The quote I reacted to:

I would find it hard to believe that a majority in the service feel that way though. Then again I have heard that there have been cases where gang bangers have joined just to hone their "skills" so to speak so who knows.
    I read that as saying you didn't think a majority in the military would support Obama but that because of the gangbangers who have joined, it could be possible.

I have reread the quote and read it the same way. I am happy that you have clarified that that is not what you meant.

My point again then being that although most of those in the service are probably for McCain we can not rule out the fact that their may be some that will vote for Obama.
    That is exactly what the Military Times poll found with about 2/3rds of the respondants favoring McCain and 1/4 favoring Obama. The majority of blacks I believe favored Obama but I don't remember the percentages.

I hope this clears it up
    I am happy we are on the same side. Now I will see if I can post this!
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

Weird!! I wrote a brilliant reply to your post and somehow it didn't get posted. I will try again but I'm sure I can't match the brilliance of my first attempt.

The quote I reacted to:

I read that as saying you didn't think a majority in the military would support Obama but that because of the gangbangers who have joined, it could be possible.

I have reread the quote and read it the same way. I am happy that you have clarified that that is not what you meant.

That is exactly what the Military Times poll found with about 2/3rds of the respondants favoring McCain and 1/4 favoring Obama. The majority of blacks I believe favored Obama but I don't remember the percentages.

I am happy we are on the same side. Now I will see if I can post this!

I will try to reread my posts a little better from now on to try and alleviate any misconceptions that might occur. Hopefully the one thing I am able to get across to everyone is that it will be a rainy day in H_ _ _ before I would every vote for Obama.

Hopefully the one thing I am able to get across to everyone is that it will be a rainy day in H_ _ _ before I would every vote for Obama.

I would hope that everyone interested in bearing arms would feel the same way. I have a hard time understanding the blind bias of the Dem's in fawning over the "messiah" but I find it impossible to have an inkling of understanding of someone who values the 2nd Amendment supporting Obama.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234