A Little Gun History - Innocents Betrrayed - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Little Gun History - Innocents Betrrayed

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Tatt-
    I don't know if the law is still in effect, but Switzerland used to REQUIRE all adult males to register and train for an inactive reserve. So, even though they may not have individually owned firearms, they've had as much training as many US CCW holders, more than some.
    While I'm at it, I should also have included Israel, which has compulsory military service and no gun control.

As for Switzerland, don't many men there still keep fully automatic rifles in their homes?

wolfhunter Guest
    I'm in favor of law-abiding citizens owning full auto and/or suppressed weapons.

4. A Little Gun History

Wolfhunter and Tatted are right. Every male citizen of Switzerland is a member of the Swiss Army, and has a complete uniform, weapons and ammo in their home. That is the information I was given by a Swiss visitor to the states.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

According to 2A, everyone here is a member of the militia, so, other than the fact that everyone doesn't own firearms, we're not too much different from the Swiss.

wolfhunter Guest
    The Swiss militia are trained, similar to our Reserves and National Guard.

a picture is worth a thousand words...

8. Notice the picture is a white male not a black gang banger.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Notice the picture is a white male not a black gang banger.
    What does that have to do with anything? What would you say if it were a Black man such as myself, body covered with tattoos and cornrowed hair, but who is otherwise law-abiding? What does a black gangbanger look like, anyway, kwo51?

10. A Little Gun History

It should be noted that the figure is holding his firearm properly, and not laid over on it's side. I was taught they put the sights on top of the weapon for a good reason.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    It should be noted that the figure is holding his firearm properly, and not laid over on it's side. I was taught they put the sights on top of the weapon for a good reason.

Actually the man needs to take his finger off of the trigger since he's done shooting.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast