Brave New World - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Brave New World

  1. Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    Its called don't judge unless you be judged. I take him at his word.
    Mr. Obama on concealed carry: "I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry." - Chicago Tribune, 4/27/04

    According to the 3rd debate for Ill Senate (barama v. Keyes 10/21/04), he wants to reimpose the Clinton Gun Ban (akin to the one in Congress right now).

    According to the Chicago Defender (12/31/99) Obama supported increasing taxes on firearms and ammunition by 500 percent.

    I sir, AM judging him on his word. His word is that he is against 2A, his word is he want to increase taxes on the rich to give tax credits to the poor; his word is that he went to church for 20+ years and did NOT know what the preacher was saying during his sermons (and he wants to be President!?!?!? You mean he doesn't listen to people he SAYS he trusts and believes in, and you're gonna elect him as our leader!?!?!?); he SAYS he didn't know his aunt was living in this country illegally for FOUR YEARS (he's a US Senator. If he didn't know, why didn't the family contact him???); He was on the board of directors of TWO philanthropic groups with Bill Ayers, and began his first Il Senate run IN HIS HOUSE at a party given by Ayers to introduce him, but when asked about any connection, Obama's answer is Mr. Ayers was a "guy" in his neighborhood (This according to the LA Times). This is the kind of person I want the leader of the free world associating with!!

    Yep, I'm judging Obama on his words........lies!!! All lies!!!! He spins and changes his answers based on who he's speaking with. The proof is above. Look it all up yourself....I gave citations for eacah item.
    This man (Obama) is flat out dangerous!!

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman007 View Post
    Mr. Obama on concealed carry: "I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry." - Chicago Tribune, 4/27/04

    According to the 3rd debate for Ill Senate (barama v. Keyes 10/21/04), he wants to reimpose the Clinton Gun Ban (akin to the one in Congress right now).

    According to the Chicago Defender (12/31/99) Obama supported increasing taxes on firearms and ammunition by 500 percent.

    I sir, AM judging him on his word. His word is that he is against 2A, his word is he want to increase taxes on the rich to give tax credits to the poor; his word is that he went to church for 20+ years and did NOT know what the preacher was saying during his sermons (and he wants to be President!?!?!? You mean he doesn't listen to people he SAYS he trusts and believes in, and you're gonna elect him as our leader!?!?!?); he SAYS he didn't know his aunt was living in this country illegally for FOUR YEARS (he's a US Senator. If he didn't know, why didn't the family contact him???); He was on the board of directors of TWO philanthropic groups with Bill Ayers, and began his first Il Senate run IN HIS HOUSE at a party given by Ayers to introduce him, but when asked about any connection, Obama's answer is Mr. Ayers was a "guy" in his neighborhood (This according to the LA Times). This is the kind of person I want the leader of the free world associating with!!

    Yep, I'm judging Obama on his words........lies!!! All lies!!!! He spins and changes his answers based on who he's speaking with. The proof is above. Look it all up yourself....I gave citations for eacah item.
    This man (Obama) is flat out dangerous!!
    Agreed! The man is liar and it is sad that so many can't see it.

  4. #33
    whats sad is that you guys can't admit that all politicians are liars including mccain and obama. Neither is our savior. mccain should be feared to cause he will continue bush for 4 more years. It will probally just be the rich and poor by the end of his term.

  5. #34
    majic man i am talking about judging ones faith and calling people the antichrist and all that nonsense people do here. I have no problem with you looking at someones voting record and making your voting decision on that.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    majic man i am talking about judging ones faith and calling people the antichrist and all that nonsense people do here. I have no problem with you looking at someones voting record and making your voting decision on that.
    You said you're judging him on his word. As for his faith, he states he went to the same church he was married in for 20+ years, but didn't know what the pastor was saying from the pulpit. If that's true, do you REALLY think he was there? And if he's a christian as he professes, then why was he not listening to his pastor? And if he wasn't listening to what his pastor was preaching in the pulpit, how good of a christian and member of that church do you think he is? It's either one way of the other here man. You can't have it both ways. He can't have been going to church for 20+ years and not listened to the pastor's sermons and be a good christian. Especially if ths pastor has been so imflamatory against this country for so long.
    Now make up your mind. Either he listened to the preacher at church and LIED about it, or he wasn't really THERE to begin with and LIED about that. Either way, he's lying about his faith. And that's your arguement. You're voting for the man based on his christianity. THa'ts great. But make sure he is what he says he is. He never spoke out against the preacher or his message (which had NOT been that of christian love and fellowship, but of militant uprising), nor did he leave the church and find another. To me, that means he agreed with the message. And that's just one more reason I didn't vote for him.

  7. #36
    I'm actually not voting for him because of his faith. religion has nothing to do with politics if you ask me. I am voting for obama cause he is the better choice and i agree with him more on things than i do bush/mccain. I never said i am judging him based on his word i said i am taking him at his word. You are trying to make me look like i need to make up my mind. Both of the candidates are liars. i just get tired of all the obama bashing and no mccain bashing. I believe obama is a christian. Who cares if i am wrong i don't. Voting on issues not morals. Just like everybody else should.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman007 View Post
    You said you're judging him on his word. As for his faith, he states he went to the same church he was married in for 20+ years, but didn't know what the pastor was saying from the pulpit. If that's true, do you REALLY think he was there? And if he's a christian as he professes, then why was he not listening to his pastor? And if he wasn't listening to what his pastor was preaching in the pulpit, how good of a christian and member of that church do you think he is? It's either one way of the other here man. You can't have it both ways. He can't have been going to church for 20+ years and not listened to the pastor's sermons and be a good christian. Especially if ths pastor has been so imflamatory against this country for so long.
    Now make up your mind. Either he listened to the preacher at church and LIED about it, or he wasn't really THERE to begin with and LIED about that. Either way, he's lying about his faith. And that's your arguement. You're voting for the man based on his christianity. THa'ts great. But make sure he is what he says he is. He never spoke out against the preacher or his message (which had NOT been that of christian love and fellowship, but of militant uprising), nor did he leave the church and find another. To me, that means he agreed with the message. And that's just one more reason I didn't vote for him.

    +1. If they passed a law tomorrow makeing it unlawful to be a Christian there would not be enough evidence against Obama to convict him.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    +1. If they passed a law tomorrow makeing it unlawful to be a Christian there would not be enough evidence against Obama to convict him.

    Wouldn't have enough evidence to even charge him with "guilt by association".



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  10. Question

    Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    I'm actually not voting for him because of his faith. religion has nothing to do with politics if you ask me. I am voting for obama cause he is the better choice and i agree with him more on things than i do bush/mccain. I never said i am judging him based on his word i said i am taking him at his word. You are trying to make me look like i need to make up my mind. Both of the candidates are liars. i just get tired of all the obama bashing and no mccain bashing. I believe obama is a christian. Who cares if i am wrong i don't. Voting on issues not morals. Just like everybody else should.
    OK, let's talk about taking him (Obama) at his word as you said. I pointed out SPECIFIC proof that he has lied......i.e. his WORD is highly tainted (as best!!). So his word to you, even after reading all you have about how he has changed what he said, twisted the truth, skirted the issue, etc. is still good? I'm not trying to "bash" anyone. I'm trying to discuss this on your terms. At every turn, you've either changed direction, or not answered my question. Now I ask you straight out......do you still take the man at his word after all you're read about him changing that word and minimising what has been brought forth?
    As for judging a man, all we have to go on IS his word. Why do you think these guys campaign and give speeches!?!??!! Their word is what people use to decide how to vote bro! And again, Obama has changed his word, skirted issues, and given non answers.
    So again, one last time.......you believe Obama's word? You believe in redistributing the wealth? You agree in socialized health care (i.e. government controlled)? You believe in tax credits (i.e. handouts) to those who make less? You believe in a welfare state fo rthe entire US? You believe the government is there to take care of us????? C'mon!

  11. #40
    his faith is off limits. If you tell me you are a christian and i see you in the bars or hear you say a cus word, or overeat(Glutten), Slip up, does that make you not a christian. If we sin are we somehow all of a sudden not a christian anymore. Who am i to judge that. I know all politicians lie. I believe obama on his faith period. There is no discussion or argument here. Now we can argue about the other stuff you said. I believe in socialized health care tax credits for the middle class. Nothing wrong with that. I work hard and pay my taxes. If Obama decides to give me a stimulus check or the option to buy into state health coverage at a affordable rate i will not hesitate. my group insurance at work is 700/month for just me. so i my friend can't afford that. I welcome affordable insurance especially if its funded by my own tax money. Call me a socialist. Whatever. I guess you majic man make 250k a year and worried about your taxes going back to where they were in the clinton days. If you do i see why you are worried about obama if you don't make that much then why do you care. Obama is simply going to let that discount for the rich go away but keep the others in force.

    For your question though of if i can take him at his word on all his promises. I want to but all politicians promise the world and rarely do they completely deliver. So everything he said i am sure will not come to pass.The same for mccain to. I do believe these guys will say anything to get elected. But what i am convinced with on obama is that he will do more for the hard working americans, bring the war in iraq to an end within the year 2009, work toward getting the millions of americans insured, not to mention attempting to get this economy going again.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast