Do You Think The Second Amendment Is At Risk With The Obama-Biden Ticket? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment is at risk with the Obama-Biden ticket?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I am voting McCain-Palin

85 90.43%
  • No - I am voting Obama-Biden

9 9.57%
  • No - I am voting Obama-Biden, because I am voting 3rd party

0 0%
  • No - I am voting Obama-Biden, because I am not voting for anybody

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Think The Second Amendment Is At Risk With The Obama-Biden Ticket?

1. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    There is a typo on the poll that prevented me from voting on it. The third option says "I am voting for Obama/Biden because I'm voting 3rd party" That should have said am NOT voting for them because I am voting third party. That correctly characterizes me; I'll be voting for libertarian Bob Barr.
    Remmember Folks, a vote for anyone other than McCain is a vote for Obama in the end. Please recall the Clinton elections... he won with a very small percentage of the total vote.

3. Obama

Remmember Folks, a vote for anyone other than McCain is a vote for Obama in the end. Please recall the Clinton elections... he won with a very small percentage of the total vote because of the other candidates on the ballot.
    Sorry, double tap and an error on my part!
    Last edited by Dnew; 10-27-2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by Dnew View Post
    Remmember Folks, a vote for anyone other than McCain is a vote for Obama in the end. Please recall the Clinton elections... he won with a very small percentage of the total vote.
    I have to agree. I was one of those that voted 3rd party and learned my lesson. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, a vote for anyone other than McCain will help put Obama in the White House.

Why is everyone so certain that 3rd party votes will benefit Obama? How do we know it won't benefit McCain? Let's not forget that the abnormally large 3rd party vote in Florida in 2000 benefited Bush, not Gore, and it very well could happen again this time around. Nevertheless, I'm voting 3rd party because I believe that the 3rd party candidate is most qualified; if it has the effect of helping or hurting either Obama or McCain, so be it.

I absolutely think that the 2A is at serious risk with obama. he wants nothing but "change". he will do just that and america will not be america anymore.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I absolutely think that the 2A is at serious risk with obama. he wants nothing but "change". he will do just that and america will not be america anymore.
    With a Marxist as President the spelling may be changed to Amerika.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    With a Marxist as President the spelling may be changed to Amerika.
    Quite the extreme statement if I might say so myself.

Quite the extreme statement if I might say so myself.
    You may say so, but generations before you (I'm guessing you're short of 40 yrs old) fought to prevent you from having to say it in Japanese, or German. Osama doesn't want to be President, he wants to be king. Your freedoms may be issued by the UN in the future, if that Marxist is elected. You've not seen political horror like some of us have, and I, for one, hope you never do....... some of us have seen this same rhetoric before, and I don't think you're gonna like the results.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    You may say so, but generations before you (I'm guessing you're short of 40 yrs old) fought to prevent you from having to say it in Japanese, or German. Osama doesn't want to be President, he wants to be king. Your freedoms may be issued by the UN in the future, if that Marxist is elected. You've not seen political horror like some of us have, and I, for one, hope you never do....... some of us have seen this same rhetoric before, and I don't think you're gonna like the results.
    That couldn't be farther from the truth. If ever there was a president who is a wannabe king, look no further than the man occupying the White House right now. Bush has secretly wiretapped his own citizens in violation of both the Constitution and FISA, anointed himself "The Decider," has asserted what he believes is his authority to ignore portions of laws with which he disagrees, and run perhaps the most secretive administration in history. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. If that's not a wannabe king, then I don't know what is.
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 10-30-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Why is everyone so certain that 3rd party votes will benefit Obama? How do we know it won't benefit McCain? Let's not forget that the abnormally large 3rd party vote in Florida in 2000 benefited Bush, not Gore, and it very well could happen again this time around. Nevertheless, I'm voting 3rd party because I believe that the 3rd party candidate is most qualified; if it has the effect of helping or hurting either Obama or McCain, so be it.

I say why take a chance. It's either a vote for McCain or a crap shoot that it may help McCain. I've already voted for Obama.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast