a question for our military folks.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a question for our military folks....

my .02..

1. if i were active these days, i would shoot a officer who ordered me to violate the constitution.
    2. my oath was to the constitution and the country and the state of texas. i would defend them and my family to the death. against all comers.

I pray there are still men like you in our military today. These terrible and unthinkable choices might have to be made.

Point in case why i have more fear of being shot by POLICE!!

ANAHEIM, Calif. – A newlywed killed by police after he stepped outside his home to confront suspected burglars was shot in a case of mistaken identity, police said.

Julian Alexander died after being shot twice in the chest by a police officer who was chasing four burglary suspects early Tuesday morning.

Police Chief John Welter said the officer ran into Alexander, mistook him for one of the four juvenile suspects and shot him.

"The last thing we ever want to do, No. 1, (is) take somebody's life," he said. "And we certainly don't want to take the life of someone who is mistakenly believed to be involved in some criminal activity."

"He was a good kid, trying to protect his house," said Alexander's mother-in-law Michelle Mooney. "And the police, instead of asking questions, they just shot first. Somebody has to be held responsible for this."

Welter would not release the officer's name, but said he was a 10-year veteran of the department. The officer was placed on paid leave pending an investigation.

"It's mistaken identity, but that doesn't bring my son back," said Alexander's father Jerry.

He said Alexander got married last weekend and his 19-year-old wife is expecting a baby in December.

Alexander's wife said she heard the gunshots and tried to go into the yard, but the officer told her to stay inside. From the window they saw Alexander handcuffed and bleeding in the front yard.

Paramedics treated him at the scene and took him to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The four burglary suspects were detained and interviewed, but no arrests were made.
    ( looks like killing him was enough no need to do our jobs, we got to shoot our guns it was a good day)

Welter said investigators would interview the officer to determine what commands he gave to Alexander before he fired. Investigations will be conducted by the FBI, the Orange County Office of Independent Review and the district attorney's office, Welter said.

I am not in the military. I would go AWOL. I would not open fire on my own block killing my friends and family. We should start a Website called the MMFTC. ( Min Men For the constitution) or something like that lol.
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; 10-29-2008 at 08:20 AM.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

prayerfully

and hopefully, these sorts of decisions will NEVER have to be made. but, most if not all soldiers are products of the public school sytem. draw your own conclusions.

6. I think it will be between the have and have nots,very shortly after going black on white.

Exclamation An army general in AK took away constitutional rights

Alaska General bans military personel from carrying OFF POST ,OFF DUTY
    http://www.usarak.army.mil/policies/...EMENT%2020.pdf ^

Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 4:32:39 PM by vrwc0915

APVR-RUPM DEPARTMENT THE ARMY HEADQUARTERS, ARMY ALASKA 724 SERVICE LOOP FORT RICHARDSON, ALASKA 99505-5000 21 FEB 06 MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION SUBJECT: Concealed Weapons Policy (CG/CofS Policy #0-20) 1. Carrying concealed deadly weapons by USARAK Soldiers represents a significant risk to the safety and welfare of this command. Accordingly, all Soldiers assigned or attached to USARAK are prohibited from carrying a concealed deadly weapon in public places off of all USARAK posts. All persons are prohibited from carrying concealed deadly weapons on USARAK posts IAW USARAK Regulation 190-1

I wrote my congressman, senator and the governor to no avail. The US Army IG would not take any action either. This guy is the exact model for the question you have asked and why a lot of us are so pissed off.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

boyzoi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Alaska General bans military personel from carrying OFF POST ,OFF DUTY
    http://www.usarak.army.mil/policies/...EMENT%2020.pdf ^

Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 4:32:39 PM by vrwc0915

APVR-RUPM DEPARTMENT THE ARMY HEADQUARTERS, ARMY ALASKA 724 SERVICE LOOP FORT RICHARDSON, ALASKA 99505-5000 21 FEB 06 MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION SUBJECT: Concealed Weapons Policy (CG/CofS Policy #0-20) 1. Carrying concealed deadly weapons by USARAK Soldiers represents a significant risk to the safety and welfare of this command. Accordingly, all Soldiers assigned or attached to USARAK are prohibited from carrying a concealed deadly weapon in public places off of all USARAK posts. All persons are prohibited from carrying concealed deadly weapons on USARAK posts IAW USARAK Regulation 190-1

I wrote my congressman, senator and the governor to no avail. The US Army IG would not take any action either. This guy is the exact model for the question you have asked and why a lot of us are so pissed off.
    Exactly......and it is exactly why I asked the ?. so, what are these enlisted going to do, do you think?
    I think there will be more and more situations just like this as we go along. something I had heard, will look for the quote, is that the military which used to be predominatly conservative is now swinging to a more liberal group from enlisted up. that I think could be why we will see more like this example and worse.:suicide2:

perhaps..

Vice President Palin would like a few words with the general...... i never cared much for officers anyway. except for Lt. shhhh and Capt. hush, the rest are just a bunch of paper pushing geeks. in my opinion. there are i am sure other good ones,but not to my persponal knowledge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12