Farewell to the bush administration - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to the bush administration

1. Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    McCain was quoted as saying the "fundamentals" of the economy were strong when the fundamentals were indeed "strong". If you have a crystal ball, please share with all of us. Perhaps it will help us with future economic crises......this isn't the first time or the last that we will face economic turmoil.....especially given the fact this is now truly a global economy no longer dominated by the USA. Funny how nobody ever "blames" Clinton for the excesses of the 90's and the Dot Bomb Fiasco that completely melted the NASDAQ?????? The fact is Clinton wasn't to blame, just as GW Bush and John McCain were not to blame! As far as the gun issue, just remember.....my 2A backs up your 1A!

As Charlton Heston said, "From my cold dead hands!"
    First of all he said that on Sept 15 AKA Black Monday the day the stock market tanked. One of the worst days ever on the stock market it was in the news you might have heard about it. And just so you know my 2nd Ammendment rights are very important to me.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

jwtollett21,

Actually, I'm enjoying this thread. I'm just trying to comprehend how a supposed "pro-gun" person can even entertain the idea of voting for Obama. It just doesn't compute. Just look at the statements he has made. Look at his voting record. Look at who he chose to be his running mate (if you don't know, Joe Biden was the author of the Clinton assault weapon ban). Look at the legislation the democrat party is trying to push through. It's scary stuff. To copy someone else's quote, it's like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders.

I see where you are coming from. I am pro- gun and pro-life. Those are two of the biggest issues i disagree with on the liberal democrats. So I see where you are coming from. I, like gunny, am voting on who i think is best to lead this country in my opinion, I am voting on the issues of the economy, iraq, and health care and the middle class. Those are my biggest 4 concerns. I agree with Obama more on things. I am sure you don't agree with mccain on every single issue. I think thats impossible for anyone. I truly think if the awb comes up to obamas desk he will sign it although i would disagree with that if it was me there. I really don't feel threatened in my state that my gun ownership rights will be infringed on. If i was in the inner city and not in TN i would be worried. My state and legislatures are pro 2a dem and rep both. I am just not voting on one issue and overlooking the mess thats really affecting america. I honestly believe mccain is a continuation of the last 8. No one wants to argue that he voted 90% of the time with the current administration. He said it himself and the american people want a different path. As for me and my wife we will go this coming tuesday and vote for senator Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    jwtollett21,

Actually, I'm enjoying this thread. I'm just trying to comprehend how a supposed "pro-gun" person can even entertain the idea of voting for Obama. It just doesn't compute. Just look at the statements he has made. Look at his voting record. Look at who he chose to be his running mate (if you don't know, Joe Biden was the author of the Clinton assault weapon ban). Look at the legislation the democrat party is trying to push through. It's scary stuff. To copy someone else's quote, it's like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders.

Or a Christian voting for Nero.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Nobahma is not the one we need right now. We need strong leadership not an infant untested figurehead for the twisted liberals to use. Don't believe his promises. He will weaken our country, give our money away and do nothing but make things worse. And he is a friend to terrorists.

And how many times in the last 2 weeks alone have we seen the market spike 500, 800 and 900 pts??? Nobody talks about the rebounds....just the down days. The market is near 9,000. Some might say that's good and some bad. It's all about how your half glass looks. I spent 11yrs in the technology sector 1989-2000 the last 8yrs in the mortgage business....and recently back to tech, so I think I have a bit of perspective on economic issues that have driven our economy over the last 2 decades. Like I said in an earlier post, if yer lookin' to play the blame game, there's probably plenty to go around....you just can't lay blame at the feet of one sitting President....because the predecessor probably shares some of it too. Not only that, there are just much larger forces at work in this global age! My 2A rights are also extremely important to me....which is why I will NOT relinquish them no to the likes of a BLATANT anti 2A SOB like Obama and his ilk and what would certainly be part of his cabinet, his rubber stamp congress and his possible Supreme Court. If you feel as strongly as most do about the 2A on this site, you'd be half baked to vote for Obama!

Surfcc

I'm the proud father of a Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran. I have to say that I was glad that W was in charge of this war. It makes me sick that all of the sacrifices made by our great military folks will be in vain if Nobama becomes president. I agree with Glockster. JW wake up! Maybe you're very young or just brainwashed but Obama and his thugs will destroy our military and make this country a laughing stock by pulling out before the victory is won. We ALL will be taxed beyond belief and gun laws will change so only criminals will have them. We've seen and heard all of these promises before. I too have hoped for someone to come along and change things. But maturity will show you that it rarely happens. Good luck to you.

Obama said he wants to strengthen our military. I think we are done in iraq and should have been out years ago. its not surrender at all. Let Iraq take care of theirself now. We don't have the money to take of them. If we want to fight somebody lets put all those troops in afgahnistan and fight the real terrorist. If obama is going to make our country a laughing stock what do you guys think it is now. What has w made of us. The leaders of the world think we are a joke already. Mccain is the same as bush based on his voting record of supporting the administration 90 percent of the time. Your all wrong on the criminals getting guns to. Thats what some of the laws are geared to. To actually keep them out of criminals hands. Good luck to you to gestu.

Roger needs to find a new misleading line to use. John Mccain will tell you different bu tRoger just wants to scatter rumors instead of facts.

Moral based voting hk4u get this country nowhere. Do like both candidates say and leave that kind of stuff up to the states and people, their familys and faith.

All i am asking is vote on the issues that are most important to you guys. Economy, gun control, iraq, health care, taxes or whatever it is.

I don't think we're the laughing stock to anybody. We were the laughing stock every time we were attacked by terrorists and Clinton didn't do anything but promise to "find those responsible and hold them accountable". I like the fact that Bush doesn't allow us to be bullied and believes in simple math (ie. They take out 2 of our buildings, we take out 2 of their countries).

If you believe that the economy, Iraq, healthcare and taxes are more important than gun control and abortion, and you think Obama can do a better job in those area, I can finally understand why you're voting as you are.

I, however, believe that the 2nd amendment and people's, including unborn children, right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness trump those things. I also believe that Obama is going to put the screws to us with taxes. He says that he's only going to raise taxes on businesses. That won't affect anyone unless they own a business, work for a business or buy things from a business.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I don't think we're the laughing stock to anybody. We were the laughing stock every time we were attacked by terrorists and Clinton didn't do anything but promise to "find those responsible and hold them accountable". I like the fact that Bush doesn't allow us to be bullied and believes in simple math (ie. They take out 2 of our buildings, we take out 2 of their countries).

If you believe that the economy, Iraq, healthcare and taxes are more important than gun control and abortion, and you think Obama can do a better job in those area, I can finally understand why you're voting as you are.

I, however, believe that the 2nd amendment and people's, including unborn children, right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness trump those things. I also believe that Obama is going to put the screws to us with taxes. He says that he's only going to raise taxes on businesses. That won't affect anyone unless they own a business, work for a business or buy things from a business.
    The only thing Clinton could find was an intern.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast