Farewell to the bush administration
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell to the bush administration

Farewell to the bush administration

The biggest shadow of course is that of President Bush. Our 43rd president's goal in life was to surpass his father, 41, whom he admired but felt was weak.

Guided by his political guru, Karl Rove, it was Bush II's ambition to make the Republican Party the majority party for decades to come. He and Karl wanted to create a political realignment that would marginalize Democrats for at least a generation and maybe more.

Not satisfied to change only American politics, Bush and his neo-con advisers, led by **** Cheney, wanted to use American military might to spread democracy to places that had been led only by tribal councils and ruthless dictators.

If Bush had accomplished these goals, he truly would have been a historic president much like his newfound hero Harry Truman. But his failures were unimaginable. W will go down in history, all right.

He will leave office with the lowest approval ratings of any president in modern times and will be judged as a catastrophic failure who destroyed his party, left his successor with two unpopular, unfinished wars and left the country in the worst economic condition in nearly eight decades. That's not even counting the Bush administration's inadequate response to Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.

Read the full article on cnn. This was was an article from republican ed rollins.

just to add to this, Mccain voted 90% with this guy and administration. Why would any american vote for Mccain-bush-rove-palin-cheney

Without a doubt, Bush has left his country in far worse shape than it was in when he inherited it. However displeased we are with him now, however, may not be like that a generation or two from now because if Iraq succeeds without the help of the United States and Islamic fundamentalism is eradicated, everyone, including those who previously hated Bush, will be forced to admit that he succeeded.

I think Bush did the best he could with the hand he was dealt.

He didn't prevent the financial crisis, but he didn't create it either.

His approval rating may be very low, but at least it's higher than the democrat controlled congress.

"Why would any American vote for McCain...?" Easy, the members of this website enjoy owning firearms. We would like to retain that right.

I am a firm believer that neither Gore nor Kerry would have done any better.

no president will take our guns away. Just something the republicans use to get us all scared

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    no president will take our guns away. Just something the republicans use to get us all scared
    Dude! Wake the ******* up you naive little child. You are part of the problem. Please if you have any ounce of intelligence left in you read the following and open you small mind!

This is an e-mail from BGen James Cash, USAF, who has written some very good articles on the subject. Here he recommends someone else's e-mail that impressed him, and scared him.
    ---------------------------------------

General Cash wrote:

Occasionally, I receive an email that I agree with so totally, I want to pass to everyone on my list. This is one of those emails. I have approval from the writer to forward the attached, and feel free to post it on your websites, or forward to friends. The election of Obama as President of the United States will mark the apex, and beginning downslide of this Republic. The only question is the rate at which the downfall will occur.

The writer of this essay is Jerry Molen. Jerry is a great friend and an Academy Award winning Hollywood Producer. He did Jurassic Park , Hook, Rainman, and many more class movies. He won the Academy Award for Schindler's List. Jerry is one of the very few clear thinking conservatives that I know from Hollywood . Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the most grave situation this nation has faced in my llifetime.

--Jim Cash B/G, USAF, Ret.

Jerry Molen wrote:

'Election woes defined by prose......'

We just experienced an overhyped, positively outrageous primary election season that has left me cold and wondering where the heads of our citizens are hiding out. Must be someplace where the sun doesn't get to very often.

At one time in my life I was a determined, dedicated and ever loyal registered Democrat. Then something happened (Lyndon Baines Johnson) that turned my life around and gave me much pause as to the veracity of a party that dwelt on and fed off of the most unfortunate among us.

Some of those unfortunates were in their positions in life by way of their own choosing and others were there by circumstance. But always, always with a door open to them to reach for new heights, achieve new goals, change their lives for the better.

And also, always ever present were the bottom feeders doing everything they could to take advantage of those who had not or have not seen the light of better days and times, nor realizing they were in fact the masters of their own destiny. They had come to believe that they were dependent on those in power in Washington and that they would look out for them and take care of their every need. They are still waiting and expecting all those promised freebies.

Most people aren't even aware that the Democrats ruled Washington for over 40 years. It wasn't until 1994 when the so called Gingrich Revolution changed that for a short period of time.

Nor do people realize that it was the Dem's that created the failed policies of the many entitlement programs that are falling apart right before our eyes. Please do not think I find the Republicans blameless in all this. They, too, suffer from ego inflation and greed motivators built into the system. It's just that the past few months, I've listened to the rantings and railings of the left in America calling for more giveaways and better ways to obtain the proverbial 'free lunch'.

I think that to sum up my feelings and why I am so set apart from those within the circles of political power and influence can be illustrated best by a quote by noted basketball legend and talk show co-host Charles Barkley: 'Poor people have been voting for Democrats for the last fifty years...and they are still poor.'

And now with the election results comes the pro mises of 'change'. 'Change we can believe in', 'Change for the future'. When in fact, if you really, I mean REALLY listen to what the new messiah is asking for, is not 'change of policy' or 'change for the better'. He is warning all of us that he wants our change all right: 'loose change', pocket change', social change and political change......So people wake up! For if you don't, the change you get may not be the change you were expecting or the change you wanted.

To close my screed, I want to leave you with some JM predictions in the event the junior Senator from Illinois becomes President, and especially if the House and Senate are veto proof.

1). Strict new gun laws will be enacted even though he promised he would not.
    2). The phrase 'In God We Trust' will be removed from all currency.
    3). He will back away from his pledge to Israel and leave them to the wolves of Islam.
    4). Hillary Clinton will be named to the Supreme Court.
    5). Tax rates will return to their highest levels in 30 years.
    6). The capital gains tax will be at least double current levels.
    7). Retired Army General Wesley Clark will be named Secretary of Defense. This is the General who was fired for 'integrity' issues.
    8). The borders will be 'basically open' to all comers. Especially those from the Middle East and South America .
    9). Amnesty will be granted to all illegals now in the U.S regardless of status or even gang members (MS-13).

10). The war in Iraq will be brought to an abrupt end and the results will be tragic and the consequences to our military will be devastating.

I realize that my predictions may not sit too well with some people and the best we could all hope for is that I am totally wrong. Any bets?

Jerry Molen

If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone...

YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
    It is Time for Americans to Speak up

no president will take our guns away
    That statement is ludicrous!!! If Obama gets elected, the first step in taking our guns away will be to reenact the assault weapon ban. HR1022 has already been introduced (H.R. 1022: Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007) by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy [D-NY] and is co-sponsored by 67 Representatives, all of which are Democrats. See the following link:

H.R. 1022: Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 (GovTrack.us)

This resolution was introduced in February 2007. Do you have any idea why it's been sitting there for so long? They don't want to vote on it yet, because, even if they had enough votes for it to pass, Bush would veto it. They are waiting, and hoping, that Obama gets elected. Then they will immediately, probably within 30 days of the inauguration, call it up for a vote and He would sign it.

This is only the first step in removing our Freedoms. You should really read the full text of HR 1022 to see what they are trying to ban.

if you believe some email then thats crazy. Even a "little child" knows better than that mess. Thats not the facts. Go look at the facts on votesmart.org and compare real issues and how the two candidates have voted if you really want to see the truth not somebody's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    That statement is ludicrous!!! If Obama gets elected, the first step in taking our guns away will be to reenact the assault weapon ban. HR1022 has already been introduced (H.R. 1022: Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007) by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy [D-NY] and is co-sponsored by 67 Representatives, all of which are Democrats. See the following link:

H.R. 1022: Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 (GovTrack.us)

This resolution was introduced in February 2007. Do you have any idea why it's been sitting there for so long? They don't want to vote on it yet, because, even if they had enough votes for it to pass, Bush would veto it. They are waiting, and hoping, that Obama gets elected. Then they will immediately, probably within 30 days of the inauguration, call it up for a vote and He would sign it.

This is only the first step in removing our Freedoms. You should really read the full text of HR 1022 to see what they are trying to ban.
    DarrellM5, arguing with a fool will get you no where.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    The biggest shadow of course is that of President Bush. Our 43rd president's goal in life was to surpass his father, 41, whom he admired but felt was weak.

Guided by his political guru, Karl Rove, it was Bush II's ambition to make the Republican Party the majority party for decades to come. He and Karl wanted to create a political realignment that would marginalize Democrats for at least a generation and maybe more.

Not satisfied to change only American politics, Bush and his neo-con advisers, led by **** Cheney, wanted to use American military might to spread democracy to places that had been led only by tribal councils and ruthless dictators.

If Bush had accomplished these goals, he truly would have been a historic president much like his newfound hero Harry Truman. But his failures were unimaginable. W will go down in history, all right.

He will leave office with the lowest approval ratings of any president in modern times and will be judged as a catastrophic failure who destroyed his party, left his successor with two unpopular, unfinished wars and left the country in the worst economic condition in nearly eight decades. That's not even counting the Bush administration's inadequate response to Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.

Read the full article on cnn. This was was an article from republican ed rollins.

just to add to this, Mccain voted 90% with this guy and administration. Why would any american vote for Mccain-bush-rove-palin-cheney
    A wise man once told me" The more you stir up s###, the more it stinks" and you sir have a stick in your hand. You have the right to vote for the candidate of your choice, and I will help you defend that right to the end. It is now eight day to the election and I don't think that you will persuade anyone to change their mind about who they are voting for. My wife and I will be voting for McCain, I assume you and your wife will be voting for Obamma. May the good Lord look out for us which ever way it comes out

boyzoi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    DarrellM5, arguing with a fool will get you no where.
    thanks for the reminder........I had to go and use iggy, just could not handle any more of the tripe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast