Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008

Nothing on handguns. Assault Weapons mainly refer to long guns, however, that doesn't mean that an attachment couldn't be put with the Bill to cover handguns. At least so far this Bill hasn't seen the light of day. If it does "We the People" must do something and not sit by and let it happen!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

"High Capacity Magazines" holding greater than 10 rounds is also included.......that means any full-sized 9mm or any other such handgun that can shoot 12 rounds or more w/out reloading.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I've sent my letter to Rep. Steve Cohen-D (TN 9th) requesting his opposition to this bill. I doubt it, as he is quite a liberal Democrat from Memphis. This is the same guy who compared Obama to Jesus a couple months back.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Looks like I need to buy my AR and AK variants plus any non-reduced capacity magazines for firearms I wish to acquire while I still can. I guess we have 6 to 18 months left. There's a good chance the AWB will be back for another decade.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Ok what one is it. Handguns are? Or not in this bill i saw nothing on them, redhat says no and you say yes. If we have 6 to 18 months before it will happen that's more then enough time to stock up. Even save money up so you can stock up. From the Yahoo % thing it says Obama is at 50 and the BIG MC is at 44. So who knows he may win..

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

7. The prices on all firearms relateded stuff will sky rocket if he gets in office.

Oh yes, demand will exceed, supply may not change.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I am afraid after the election it is as good as done. Once Obama is in we are in trouble.
    So get politically active like a bunch of us have, don't vote third party, and don't believe all the poll's they are heavily weighted for the Marxist.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Ok what one is it. Handguns are? Or not in this bill i saw nothing on them, redhat says no and you say yes. If we have 6 to 18 months before it will happen that's more then enough time to stock up. Even save money up so you can stock up. From the Yahoo % thing it says Obama is at 50 and the BIG MC is at 44. So who knows he may win..
    The only handguns that might be classified as "assault weapons" would be like the Ar-15 pistol or the Kel-Tec PLR16. There are others that could be classified as such but none are not mentioned in the Bill. Like I said before they could always amend the Bill to include anything they want. Just in case Stock up on supplies for the firearms you have and anything you get later. This might be a long battle!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I am afraid after the election it is as good as done. Once Obama is in we are in trouble.
    Which is why gun lovers need to stock up on all the guns, ammo, and handloading equipment they can possibly get their hands on legally.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast