Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Doc and his Glock View Post
    Let me see if I understand what you are saying -- are you saying the people of the United States of American should relvolt against the elected President?? If so I think you need to find another place to take this. I do not support a revolution... Don't know what others think but saying we should start a revolution is going just a little too far..
    So let me see if I understand what you are saying...

sounds like you are saying it is ok to accept tyranny of our own government whether we agree with it or not...

Seems like our founding fathers was famous for stating "The Most Effect Deterrent To Tyranny is the Second Amendment"...

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Without this amendment, all others are meaningless. This amendment is a guarantee to the people of the United States of America that the right to keep and bear arms can not, shall not, nor will not be infringed upon.

To infringe upon - by definition - is the attempt to limit the right of:

• legal or moral entitlement to do - or refrain from doing - some thing;
    • legal or moral entitlement to obtain - or refrain from obtaining - an action, thing or recognition in civil society. In the Second Amendment, the entitlement is the right to the action(s) of keeping and bearing a thing called arms by the people.

What this means is, the people, who in times of need may form a militia, have the inalienable right to keep and bear arms without fear of such right being vacated. In order to be an effective militia - an integral part of a free society - the people should be armed in equal or greater proportion than any potential threat - foreign or domestic - and trained to use such armament. Additionally, the uninfringed right of the people to keep and bear arms is the most powerful deterrent to tyranny.

IF we do NOTHING we can only say we did NOTHING...

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.
    +1 Amen Brother...

Holy Crap!!!
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    Holy Crap!!!
    No just what Americans believed about tyranny, freedom and God ordained rights at one time.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Why doesn't he say it?

Because Obama is a LIAR!
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

2008 CNN Democratic YouTube Debate - Gun Control - Are our "babies" safe?

YouTube - Gun Control - Are our "babies" safe?

Response to 2008 CNN Democratic YouTube Debate

YouTube - Response to CNN Democratic Debate

Obama and the Second Amendment

YouTube - Obama And The Second Amendment

Petition to protect gun rights from Obama:
    YouTube - Petition to protect gun rights from Obama

Obama: “...I am
    consistently on record and will
    continue to be on record as opposing
    concealed carry.”
    Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
    —Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007
    Last edited by Bohemian; 11-11-2008 at 03:28 PM.

If these bills died and will have to be re-introduced, why do they both still look like they're active? Both H.R. 1022 and H.R. 6257 look like they're alive and well on the govtrack.us website.

Also, since 6257 would ban "large capacity ammunition feeding devices" and defines them as magazines holding more than 10 rounds, it appears to me that handgun magazines will be included. That's why I just bought the new XDM40 with 16 round mags.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

What tranny?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast