Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    If these bills died and will have to be re-introduced, why do they both still look like they're active? Both H.R. 1022 and H.R. 6257 look like they're alive and well on the govtrack.us website.

Also, since 6257 would ban "large capacity ammunition feeding devices" and defines them as magazines holding more than 10 rounds, it appears to me that handgun magazines will be included. That's why I just bought the new XDM40 with 16 round mags.
    They are dead, and will not likely be updated until Congress and their staff goes back to work next year...

at which time, the new and improved Obama-Biden-Pelosi-Reid-Schumer-Feinstein versions will be back, which we will have to watch very carefully that they don't try to sneak it in, burried in some 1000 page entitlement, welfare bill...

Obama: “...I am
    consistently on record and will
    continue to be on record as opposing
    concealed carry.”
    Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
    —Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Exclamation I got back a reply!

Below is a response to the recent comments I received from you:

Dear Mr.XXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun violence. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to respond to your concerns.

Gun violence is an unfortunate criminal activity that continues to exist in our society. It is important that we remain vigilant in our coordinated efforts with federal, state, and local officials to curb the incidences of these crimes in our communities. I recognize that America, however, is deeply divided over how to best accomplish this goal.

When our Founding Fathers drafted the Constitution, they included the Second Amendment to guarantee law-abiding citizens the right to keep and bear arms. This freedom is a fundamental part of our American identity.

There are a number of procedures and regulations in place to restrict those who would potentially abuse this right from purchasing or owning a gun. However, because criminals obtain guns outside of these procedures and regulations, placing further restrictions on law-abiding gun owners is unlikely to be effective. Please rest assured I will work with my Senate colleagues to provide law enforcement officials with the tools they need to prevent these tragic acts of violence and to ensure that effective punishments are in place to deter future criminals.

As the Senate considers gun rights issues in the 110th Congress, please know I will keep your thoughtful comments in mind. Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. In addition, for more information about issues and activities important to Florida, please sign up for my weekly newsletter at United States Senator Mel Martinez :: Welcome.

Sincerely,

Mel Martinez
    United States Senator
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Well at the local gun show today they were passing out fliers stating that Obama plans on doing AMNESTY AND GUN BANS by EXECUTIVE ORDER in the tradition of other Presidents of his caliber such as Jimmy Carter...
    Guess he does not want to take a chance of any democrats in congress, changing their mind and taking the side of the constitution as it was written...

Should you want a AR-15 or Mini-14, etc., in the next few weeks better jump on it...
    It is very hard to find one at a gun show or the internet for less then a 1000.00 bucks...

just as hard to find a stripped lower for less then 500.00 bucks...

ANYTHING semi-auto (handguns or rifles, pump shot guns etc) has gone up exponentially since November 4th...

DPMS has a 8 month back order...

today being the second day of the gun show the place resembled grocery stores during the Katrina and L.A. riots aftermaths...

nothing left but some revolvers...

bulk ammo nearly sold out...

any black weapons under a grand gone...

semi-autos gone...

I hope America wakes up soon, cause if they don't a lot of people who bought into this hope and change hype are going to have a lot of egg on their faces VERY SOON...

WE HAVE TO BE PROACTIVE ABOUT THIS!

IF WE ARE REACTIVE; WE WILL END UP IN THE SAME BOAT AS ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA, CANADA and the rest of the disarmed countries...

Obama: “...I am
    consistently on record and will
    continue to be on record as opposing
    concealed carry.”
    Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
    —Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456