Manipulation of The Masses - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manipulation of The Masses

There was an old SI-FI movie from the 80's called They Live. It was about an alien invasion that were among us and had used the air ways with subliminal messages to brain wash the masses and put them in kind of a stupor. The only way you could really see what was going on was if you put on specially glasses. Kind of reminds me of brain washed liberals that are willing to see our constitution trampled under foot by a Marxist President.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen infant.

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    Why don't you guys post issue arguments instead of some article a dude wrote. Throw up some issue attacks other than negative personal attacks. Its the same old fear and smear style politics the "Grand Ol Party" knows.
    First, starting or adding to a thread with articles written by someone other than the poster is perfectly legit and common among all the subcategories on this board--even some threads started by yourself begin by quoting some "dude" from cnn. This particular article is a commentary piece, meaning it is someone's analysis and opinion of the facts he has been presented with. This is actually a well documented piece, as most of the facts he bases his article on can be or have been proven (follow the links within the article for some of the documentation and original statements). You mention personal attacks quite often, please let me know what you deem to be negative personal attacks in this piece?

Second, I don't claim to have read every thread in the politics section, but in the ones I have read issues have been discussed and even facts cited (like voting records, not an opinion piece by either party). I would like you to post some specific things Obama has done or plans to do that will help our nation better itself if you could, or direct me to another thread where those specific issues have been posted (like I said, I haven't read every thread here--not enough time in my day). I don't want to hear any talking points (ie. "more of the same", "mccain/bush"), generalities ("does more for the middle class"), etc. Only the facts and some specifics on the issues that are driving you to support Obama--documentation would be nice, but not necessary.

Thanks in advance. I'm interested in your response.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I don't care if the media took "incerpts from a church service". If my pastor went off on a rant even once, he'd find an empty congregation at his next service.
    Even worse than the fact that Obama stuck with him for 20 years is the fact that an entire congregation also did, all of whom will probably be voting.

Quote Originally Posted by mom of 3 angels View Post
    First, starting or adding to a thread with articles written by someone other than the poster is perfectly legit and common among all the subcategories on this board--even some threads started by yourself begin by quoting some "dude" from cnn. This particular article is a commentary piece, meaning it is someone's analysis and opinion of the facts he has been presented with. This is actually a well documented piece, as most of the facts he bases his article on can be or have been proven (follow the links within the article for some of the documentation and original statements). You mention personal attacks quite often, please let me know what you deem to be negative personal attacks in this piece?

Second, I don't claim to have read every thread in the politics section, but in the ones I have read issues have been discussed and even facts cited (like voting records, not an opinion piece by either party). I would like you to post some specific things Obama has done or plans to do that will help our nation better itself if you could, or direct me to another thread where those specific issues have been posted (like I said, I haven't read every thread here--not enough time in my day). I don't want to hear any talking points (ie. "more of the same", "mccain/bush"), generalities ("does more for the middle class"), etc. Only the facts and some specifics on the issues that are driving you to support Obama--documentation would be nice, but not necessary.

Thanks in advance. I'm interested in your response.
    crickets chirping....

mom of three angels to make this short and save me a bunch of work you can just go to Welcome to Obama for America and read each and every issue he stands for. Thats the fastest way. When you get to the site scroll down and hit continue to website. click on issues after that.

or go to cnn and compare the issues of both. that is a more mutual site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12