Preparing for civil unrest
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparing for civil unrest

Exclamation Preparing for civil unrest

Police agencies in several large metropolitan areas are preparing for civil unrest during the post election hours. This may present a problem or two for many law abiding folks but I for one am concerned that if there be riots...they may become uncontainable and AMERICA may become the subject of evening news broadcasts for other nations further spreading our embarrassment and helping the Powers that be to shove a Martial Law suspending all constitutional rights during a time of National Emergency and an absoluteGun Control agenda down the throats of people who do not need it to contain the one percent that need to be dealt with far more severely than our liberal courts will ever dream of.

This being said, I am literally praying that the knucklehead factor is kept to a minimum. After seeing the reaction in Philly for the post world series (and they won)! Wait until the extremists from one side or the other lose in what looks to be the closest election in American History on Tues.

I hope and pray I am wrong!
    Last edited by festus; 10-30-2008 at 07:20 PM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I'm going to get some accessories this weekend and carry the Mossberg in my car for the next few days, just in case the Dirty Hippie Army decides to revolt.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

this whole election just has a really bad feeling about it all around to me.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    That's probably a good thing - it means that you're aware of what's going on.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Hope no provocateurs incite trouble just so Martial law can be implemented.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    ...This being said, I am literally praying that the knucklehead factor is kept to a minimum. After seeing the reaction in Philly for the post world series (and they won)! Wait until the extremists from one side or the other lose in what looks to be the closest election in American History on Tues.

I hope and pray I am wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    That's probably a good thing - it means that you're aware of what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Hope no provocateurs incite trouble just so Martial law can be implemented.
    It all leads to what HK4U said...

Let us hope reason prevails.

8. I personally don't think there'll be much unrest after the election (but hey! - I've been wrong before!). But I do believe there will be accusations of voter fraud no matter who wins. Whether THIS leads to civil unrest, I just gues we'll have to wait and see.

As far as being prepared - I'm ALWAYS prepared for bad s--t happening every day.
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

I have yet to see anyone say what is going on that gives them reason to believe that there will be rioting, especially since none of this doom and gloom stuff has happened after any previous election.

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    There may not be rioting...yet, but picture a shot dead in the 1st week/month/year of office President Obama and that may make Rodney King look very much like a cub scout outing, the precursor to a very real protracted racial war from coast to coast and big cities with mix-match ethnic populations exploding outwards into the smaller towns and along the freeways of this nation. The world looking at us like armed nuts, giving the anti-2nd Vice/politicians/Joe Q. Publics a great reason to try to disarm America, and probably failing.
    Those fool skinheads were just a few who decided to even the odds B 4 the vote, like the armed racists a month B 4, they too got popped. Some in America will not tolerate a non-white president, their criminal actions could/make that WILL set this place alight if they take the 1st negro/mulatto president in our history out by using a gun, not the leagal system of impeachment if he screws up.
    Or racial hatred may just be a passing fad in today's USA, NOT!

Canis-Lupus

I agree. There is plenty of underling tension in America. There are a lot of blacks that want to stick it to whitey. They hate the white man and view him/them as devils. On the other side there are also a lot of whites that hate blacks. There are plenty of skin heads that would like to see a race war. We have all seen riots and civil unrest before. Or at least those of us that are old enough to remember it. All it would take is some incident to ignite the flames. Anyone that thinks it can't happen I am afraid is living in denile.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I'm worried about violence. I expect there will be problems is Obama wins in those cities/neighborhoods where they riot when their local team WINS.

If Obama loses I'm worried about much more widespread violence. Unfortunately, I work in an unarmed victim zone and will be left defenseless if I go to work the day after the election. I'm seriously considering taking Wednesday off...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast