No Gun Control on Obamas agenda
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Gun Control on Obamas agenda

Thumbs up No Gun Control on Obamas agenda

This article comes directly from an interview by Wolf Blitzer with Senator Obama. Copied and pasted from cnn. This goes with my argument i have been trying to express that Obama has gotten alot more to do when he gets elected than try and get our guns or pass legislature prohibitting any guns or passing gun control laws.

CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama told CNN on Friday that turning around the economy and energy independence are his priorities for 2009 if he is elected president.

Sen. Barack Obama was interviewed Friday by CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

In an interview with Wolf Blitzer in Des Moines, Iowa, Obama was asked to name his top priority from a list of issues, including taxes, health care, education, energy policy and immigration.

"[The] top priority may not be any of those five. It may be continuing to stabilize the financial system. We don't know yet what's going to happen in January," he said. "None of this can be accomplished if we continue to see a potential meltdown in the banking system and financial system. So that's priority No. 1: making sure the plumbing works."

Obama said priority No. 2 is energy independence:

"We have to seize this moment, because it's not just an energy independence issue; it's also a national security issue, and it's a jobs issue. We can create 5 million new green energy jobs." Watch: Fixing the economy top priority, Obama says »

Priority No. 3: Health care reform.

Priority No. 4: "Making sure we have tax cuts for the middle class as part of a broader tax reform effort."

Obama later expanded his discussion on how tax cuts relate to a bigger economic plan.

"The tax cut that I talked about may be part of my priority No. 1, because I think that's going to be part of stabilizing the economy as a whole," he said.

"I think we're going to need a second stimulus. Part of my commitment is to make sure that the stimulus includes a tax cut for 95 percent of working Americans. It may be the first bill I introduce."

Priority No. 5: Reforming the education system.

He also blasted his opponent, Sen. John McCain, on not catching Osama bin Laden.

McCain has said in a presidential debate that he knows how to capture bin Laden but has failed to explain how he may accomplish that task.

It's something that's not lost on Obama.

"Clearly, Sen. McCain doesn't know how to capture bin Laden, because he was supportive of a huge strategic blunder when it came to accomplishing the task," he said. "I will focus on what [Defense Secretary Robert] Gates and others have indicated as our No. 1 security threat, and that is bin Laden and Al Qaeda."

Obama also discussed a possible strategy for stabilizing the war-torn country of Afghanistan -- and the resurgence of the Taliban and al Qaeda in nearby Pakistan.

"[Pakistan] are a fledging Democratic government. ... We have to support their efforts to democratize. That means ... not just providing military aid. It means also helping them to provide concrete solutions to the poverty and lack of education that exists," he said.

Obama has said that he would address Pakistan policy to secure the border and crack down on terrorist camps.

"We must make it clear that if Pakistan cannot or will not act, we will take out high-level terrorist targets like [Osama] bin Laden if we have them in our sights," he has said.

The Illinois senator also proposes to cut down on narcotics trafficking by offering alternative livelihoods to poppy farmers.

On Afghanistan, Obama has said in the past that he would send at least two additional combat brigades to Afghanistan and would seek greater contributions -- with fewer restrictions -- from NATO allies.

Obama would focus on training Afghan security forces and supporting an Afghan judiciary, with more resources and incentives for American officers who perform these missions. He also proposed an additional $1 billion in nonmilitary assistance each year, with meaningful safeguards to prevent corruption and to make sure investments are made, not just in Kabul but also in Afghanistan's provinces.

McCain, meanwhile, would send three additional brigades to Afghanistan and double the size of the Afghan army to 160,000 troops.

He also proposes to pay for the Afghan troop increase through an international trust fund financed by the United States and its allies, and would apply the counter-insurgency technique being employed in Iraq to the Afghanistan conflict.

McCain has said he would appoint an "Afghanistan czar" based in the White House who would report directly to the president.

On the Afghanistan/Pakistan border issue, McCain said he would crack down on narcotics trafficking in the country and would focus on strengthening local tribes on the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan to fight terrorism there.

Sense jwtollett21 is on my ignore list I did not see the post but the title really cracked me up.
    Last edited by HK4U; 11-01-2008 at 02:01 PM.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    Since Obama doesn't plan on letting us have guns or ammo, he doesn't need to control them. Nobody regulates the population of Dodos.

Nice title, he's on my IGG list as well...
    Springfield Loaded Custom Champion
    RIA 1911A1 Duo-Tone Tactical
    XD40 Sub-Compact
    Ruger 22/45
    Browning Baby 6.35mm
    Ruger K10/22
    Marlin 336w 30-30
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty & The Pursuit Of Those Against It

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MP3Mogul View Post
    Nice title, he's on my IGG list as well...
    His posts make more sense that way.

Well, on the other hand...

Below is an open letter from the Illinois State Rifle Association's chief lobbyist…

Illinois State Rifle Association
    420 E. Locust, P.O. Box 637, Chatsworth, IL 60921
    Phone: (815) 635-3198 or (815) 635-3166 Fax: (815) 635-3723 Website: Illinois State Rifle Association <http://www.isra.org/>

Fellow Sportsman:
    Over the past 15 years, I have served in the Illinois state capitol as the chief lobbyist for the Illinois State Rifle Association.

I lobbied Barack Obama extensively while he was an Illinois State Senator. As a result of that experience, I know Obama’s attitudes toward guns and gun owners better than anyone. The truth be told, in all my years in the Capitol I have never met a legislator who harbors more contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner than Barack Obama.

Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2nd Amendment, his voting record in the Illinois Senate paints a very different picture. While a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners and forcibly confiscate banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down law-abiding firearm manufacturers including Springfield Armory, Armalite, Rock River Arms and Les Baer.

Obama also voted for a bill that would prohibit law-abiding citizens from purchasing more than one gun per month. Without a doubt, Barack Obama has proven himself to be an enemy of the law abiding firearm owner. At the same time, Obama has proven himself to be a friend to the hardened criminal. While a state senator, Obama voted 4 times against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in defense of home and family.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a “friend” of the law-abiding gun owner?

And speaking of friends, you can always tell a person by the company they keep. Obama counts among his friends the Rev. Michael Pfleger - a renegade Chicago priest who has openly called for the murder of gun shop owners and pro-gun legislators. Then there is his buddy Richard Daley, the mayor of Chicago who has declared that if it were up to him, nobody would be allowed to own a gun. And let’s not forget Obama’s pal George Soros - the guy who has pumped millions of dollars into the UN’s international effort to disarm law-abiding citizens.
    Obama has shown that he is more than willing to use other people’s money to fund his campaign to take your guns away from you. While a board member of the leftist Joyce Foundation, Barack Obama wrote checks for tens of millions of dollars to extremist gun control organizations such as the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and the Violence Policy Center.
    Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a “friend” of the law-abiding gun owner?

By now, I’m sure that many of you have received mailings from an organization called “American Hunters and Shooters Association(AHSA)” talking about what a swell fellow Obama is and how he honors the 2nd Amendment and how you will never have to worry about Obama coming to take your guns. Let me make it perfectly clear - everything the AHSA says about Obama is pure hogwash.

The AHSA is headed by a group of left-wing elitists who subscribe to the British view of hunting and shooting. That is, a state of affairs where hunting and shooting are reserved for the wealthy upper-crust who can afford guided hunts on exclusive private reserves.

The AHSA is not your friend, never will be.

In closing, I’d like to remind you that I’m a guy who has actually gone nose to nose with Obama on gun rights issues. The Obama I know cannot even begin to identify with this nation’s outdoor traditions.

The Obama I know sees you, the law abiding gun owner, as nothing but a low-class lummox who is easily swayed by the flash of a smile and a ration of rosy rhetoric.

The Obama I know is a stony-faced liar who has honed his skill at getting what he wants - so long as people are willing to give it to him.
    That’s the Barack Obama I know.

Richard A. Pearson

Executive Director

Illinois State Rifle Association

Open Letter to Sportsmen:10/10/08
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

No gun control on Obama's Agenda

Righhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht!!!!! Only on Pelosi, Schummer, Kennedy, Feinstein, Wexler, Frank, Kerry, Levin, Lautnenberg, Sanders, Lahey and Reid's agenda! Can you say....Obama's Cabinet???? You are indeed A Pinhead!

You are voting to kiss your 2A rights Bye-Bye!

Surfcc

because everyone knows that a president can only do the things they have layed out in intervews! I will not trust any canidate's statment, But I do care about this country enough to look at the VOTING RECORD of the canidates. guns aside I will not vote for a pro choice canidate, If a woman has the right to choose than Casy Anthony had the right to murder her 3 year old. Rape and life threats are one thing but murder is not a contraceptive.

and Obama did say in seperate intervews that he suports reinsteting the " assalt wepons" ban And he supports a national ban on conceld carry, but that was all a joke right every thing he says is a big joke
    Last edited by burchesss; 11-01-2008 at 11:10 PM.
    "When you care enough to send the best... Shoot a .45"

jwtollett21, I'll make a special deal just for you. I accept Paypal and personal checks...

Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    jwtollett21, I'll make a special deal just for you. I accept Paypal and personal checks...

This is too funny!!!!

All kidding aside, I'm sure this guy will be gone by mid February.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast