Delaware Denies Gun Sale Due To Age And Gender
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delaware Denies Gun Sale Due To Age And Gender

Delaware Denies Gun Sale Due To Age And Gender

Of all persons needing to be able to defend themselves this lady is denied a gun purchase because of her age and the fact she's female. There's something terribly wrong with this.

http://www.kxmc.com/News/Nation/290683.asp

wolfhunter Guest
    I see a lawsuit for two counts of discimination, and I see criminal charges against the State Trooper's "top cop" for this:
    "The outrage that followed led to the revelation that Delaware State Police had been keeping lists of gun buyers for years; state law requires them to destroy these records after 60 days.

That's messed up. I wonder what kind of gun she was buying. Would be hilarious if she was buying something like a .50AE Desert Eagle or a .500s&w.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

5. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    That's messed up. I wonder what kind of gun she was buying. Would be hilarious if she was buying something like a .50AE Desert Eagle or a .500s&w.

gf
    The article said she was buying a 22 cal pistol..

Papers please. Good example of elitist attitude. I am glad I live in Texas.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Doc and his Glock View Post
    The article said she was buying a 22 cal pistol..
    I didn't see the caliber in the article, though I did see that it was a Taurus Revolver from this part of the article:

"....Without so much as a traffic ticket, the 81-year-old Lewes resident should have sailed through the mandatory state police background check when she tried to buy a Taurus revolver from Charlie Steele’s Lewes gun shop last August...."

I wonder what prompted the person reviewing the application to scrutinize her age and gender. I'm sure that they have many applications on a daily basis.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

"A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I highlighted this portion because it says that the right of the people (it does not say young people, or men, but people) to exercise this right shall not be infringed. This trumps anything that state police might have to say about it.

If those idiots were smart they would have said something about the gun versus the applicant. Something like "The Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull is too powerful for personal defense in the city." or something like that. I now suspect that the city will be writing a pretty hefty paycheck to the lady, not to mention the beating they will take for illegally maintaining records that were supposed to be destroyed.

gf

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    If those idiots were smart they would have said something about the gun versus the applicant. Something like "The Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull is too powerful for personal defense in the city." or something like that. I now suspect that the city will be writing a pretty hefty paycheck to the lady, not to mention the beating they will take for illegally maintaining records that were supposed to be destroyed.

gf

Not that that should matter, because she isn't prohibited from owning firearms, regardless of caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Not that that should matter, because she isn't prohibited from owning firearms, regardless of caliber.
    I'm talking about if they were set against citizens purchasing firearms. What they SHOULD HAVE done was issue the lady her permit.

gf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast