Preparing for civil unrest part Deux
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preparing for civil unrest part Deux

Preparing for civil unrest part Deux

I found this on the DRUDGEREPORT!

The New York Observer

Politics
    Erica Jong Tells Italians Obama Loss 'Will Spark the Second American Civil War. Blood Will Run in the Streets'
    by Jason Horowitz | October 30, 2008

It seems that the final days of the presidential campaign have made Erica Jong and her friends more than a little anxious.

A few days ago, Jong, the author and self-described feminist, gave an interview to the Italian daily Corriere della Sera, the choicest bits of which were brought to my attention by the reliably sharp-eyed Christian Rocca, the U.S. correspondent of Il Foglio, who published excerpts on his Camillo blog. Basically, Jong says her fear that Obama might lose the election has developed into an "obsession. A paralyzing terror. An anxious fever that keeps you awake at night." She also says that her friends Jane Fonda and Naomi Wolf are extremely worried that Obama will be sabotaged by Republican dirty tricks, and that if an Obama loss indeed comes to pass, the result will be a second American Civil War.

Here's a translation of Jong's more spirited quotes to the Milan-based Corriere, as selected by Rocca.

"The record shows that voting machines in America are rigged."

"My friends Ken Follett and Susan Cheever are extremely worried. Naomi Wolf calls me every day. Yesterday, Jane Fonda sent me an email to tell me that she cried all night and can't cure her ailing back for all the stress that has reduces her to a bundle of nerves."

"My back is also suffering from spasms, so much so that I had to see an acupuncturist and get prescriptions for Valium."

"After having stolen the last two elections, the Republican Mafia…"

"If Obama loses it will spark the second American Civil War. Blood will run in the streets, believe me. And it's not a coincidence that President Bush recalled soldiers from Iraq for **** Cheney to lead against American citizens in the streets."

"Bush has transformed America into a police state, from torture to the imprisonment of reporters, to the Patriot Act."

She also laments that not all of America's men of letters share her devotion to Obama.

"Tom Wolfe and John Updike are men of the right and Philip Roth is at this point a hermit who leads a monastic life in Connecticut, far from everything and everybody."

Luckily, she said there is her and Michael Chabon, who, she says, have "taken the place of Susan Sontag and Norman Mailer respectively."

They have the same political sensibilities, she said, but a better "sense of humor."
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

paraphrase from post:
    Erica Jong and Michael Chabon = Susan Sontag and Norman Mailer

We can now rest easy folks. The great lefty intellectuals have spoken and our future is explained.

The hubris and arrogance of these people is amazing. If we, as a 'collective' group, don't see the wisdom of their position we are completely out of touch with the requirements of the world they need to build. It is inconceivable to these people that they could be wrong. They are the reason we are headed to trouble. The sense of entitlement and a desire to reward sloth, indolence, hatred, and laziness in groups they perceive as worthy of special consideration must be correct--to disagree is to deserve all the mistreatments they blame their foes use.

Folks, we are headed for trouble. I've not personally heard, but been told by people I trust that certain 'community organizers' are threatening civil unrest if the election doesn't go their way. That we have certain communities that riot (rowdy celebrations?) when the local team wins is well known. We can expect these 'free shoppers' to celebrate by redistributing a bit of wealth if their candidate wins.

I'm staying home Tuesday night--and I'm keeping a close eye on what I'll be doing Wednesday.
    Last edited by NDS; 11-01-2008 at 09:08 AM.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Lock and Load.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

i live in the sticks...

i will be ready with ful magazines, coffee, chilli and a big ol'can of whoopa$$ if any "festivities" get close to my AO.no warning shots. plant 'em and forget'em . move to the next target........

Yep, not expecting any riots in my little town. Not sure what will happen elsewhere if anything, but there are plenty of emotions running high no matter who ends up winning. It should be interesting. Vote early, go home and wait it out.

wolfhunter Guest
    We may not see riots here, but I expect some "wealth redistribution" may occur. Had my wife to vote early, so she has no reason to go out (she doesn't carry) and the polling site will be my only stop. Hopefully, it will be a quiet evening, but I'm prepared for a bad time.

Hanoi Jane has a friend with an opinion, and we're supposed to care? Ugh people have short memories. Given her history, I can't see how anyone would take anything that anyone she is friendly with says seriously. But you know they will!

I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I seriously doubt there will be war. I'll be prepared to the best degree I can anyway, but honestly? I'm only worried about if Obama wins.
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

More paranoia and fear-mongering. Nothing of the sort will happen in this country on Election Night. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    More paranoia and fear-mongering. Nothing of the sort will happen in this country on Election Night. Mark my words.
    More being a realist than a denilest.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Looks like it is already getting started....

Armed man waving flag shuts down highway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast