Disenfranchised Voters? Yes the Military!

Thread: Disenfranchised Voters? Yes the Military!

Disenfranchised Voters? Yes the Military!

I very seldom post in this forum because I feel that you can't fix stupid. I never fight the mentally challenged or Kool-aid drinkers so I stay out but I do put them on Ignore. However, this pisses me off. I've always known that a lot of states never count the Military absentee ballots but I guess the DEMS have win by any means available. Some states are stooping so low that they are throwing Military Absentee ballots in the garbage! To top it off Pelosi won't allow a vote on legislation to make sure that all Military Absentee ballots are counted. Our GI's have already given up a lot of their basic rights just to be in the Military. They accept the fact that they work under the constant knowledge that they have to do as they are told and failing to do so can lead to prosecution. A conviction can lead to jail time with a Felony record for offenses in the civilian world would only amount to a misdemeanor charge or slap on the wrist. These idiots need to be run out on a rail! This just reinforces my my conviction that the only good DEM politician is one looking for a job! Sorry, RANT over...

Ballot Battle - FOXNews.com
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

wolfhunter Guest
    Military Absentee ballots should be counted FIRST.

I think this article has caught the basics of why staying alive is more important with every moment potentially your last being of much more real concern to your lower-mid enlisted/officer ground-pounder, tankers, drivers or pilots in daily contact in free-fire zones. With 2 incumbents who will keep the troops in Iraq for their tours, running continuous-ops missions out of out-posts with no voting booths, or even internet access/computers that are not DOD targeting or CCC secure, media absent, the gut I get from the soldiers I speak with who are getting ready to deploy or just got back is 'Who cares, we will still be there' and living thru one more day of avoiding untimely injury or death is more important than any other subject except for those so far in the rear that they can vote but I'd guess most won't because both wanna-B CIC's plan on no early troop withdrawals.
    Soldiers Focus More on War Than Voting
    Worth a read. Maybe 1/2 a million who even if they vote it won't count or be lost or expired by the time it hits CONUS or some chain of command to fwd it up. These are not apathetic nor unpatriotic troops who have abandoned their right to vote, but simply staying alive is the toughest thing they do all day every day until they rotate out or come home in a bag or parts-missing to a hospital. You don't think al-Q knows where every poling a/o is located? I'd bet on those getting hit hard around the first week in November.

Canis-Lupus

boyzoi Guest
    can you imagine what the press would be saying if it were a poor group of blacks or hispanics whose ballots were thrown out?????? and the Dems want to give convicted felons the right to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzoi View Post
    can you imagine what the press would be saying if it were a poor group of blacks or hispanics whose ballots were thrown out?????? and the Dems want to give convicted felons the right to vote.

and the Dems want to give convicted felons the right to vote.[/QUOTE]

Well you have to take care of your constituency. Your real power base.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Military absentee votes should be priority one. I'm not a big proponent of early voting, however, this is one case that should be allowed. Get the ballots to our G.I.'s, get their votes and guard them all the way back to be counted.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Military absentee votes should be priority one. I'm not a big proponent of early voting, however, this is one case that should be allowed. Get the ballots to our G.I.'s, get their votes and guard them all the way back to be counted.
    And the voting is easy to verify. x number of troops overseas = x number of votes. Non-voters sign a waiver "Not voting"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I very seldom post in this forum because I feel that you can't fix stupid. I never fight the mentally challenged or Kool-aid drinkers so I stay out but I do put them on Ignore. However, this pisses me off. I've always known that a lot of states never count the Military absentee ballots but I guess the DEMS have win by any means available. Some states are stooping so low that they are throwing Military Absentee ballots in the garbage! To top it off Pelosi won't allow a vote on legislation to make sure that all Military Absentee ballots are counted. Our GI's have already given up a lot of their basic rights just to be in the Military. They accept the fact that they work under the constant knowledge that they have to do as they are told and failing to do so can lead to prosecution. A conviction can lead to jail time with a Felony record for offenses in the civilian world would only amount to a misdemeanor charge or slap on the wrist. These idiots need to be run out on a rail! This just reinforces my my conviction that the only good DEM politician is one looking for a job! Sorry, RANT over...

Ballot Battle - FOXNews.com
    Good rant Red Hat! It is sickening that these ballots are not counted first!!