I made the leap - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I made the leap

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    This year's election is about making a strategic decision. For those who don't like the directions the D's and R's are going, get involved with the Libertarian, Constitution Party, or other "third party" group at the local and state levels. If they can get enough "pull" at those levels, maybe a real, viable third party will emerge and we can have a better option.
    Interesting advice. I've been registered Libertarian since the early '70s; I've worked in many state elections and have been trying to point out to people that voting for the 'two' major parties is what is destroying us. Thanks for getting on board after it appears the ship is sinking. Feel free to begin rearranging the chairs...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

wolfhunter Guest
    NDS, I've been onboard since Reagan left office. However, Third party candidates don't have the backing for this year, so I've argued for the STRATEGIC option. The equivalent of sacrificing a pawn in chess. I strongly believe the third party candidates MUST fill a notable share of state seats and local offices before they have a shot against the "Big 2+media" on the national scene. I also feel Libertarians and Constitutionalists must recruit more traditional conservatives and moderates to get rid of the shadow of the "conspirancy nuts".

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    NDS, I've been onboard since Reagan left office. However, Third party candidates don't have the backing for this year, so I've argued for the STRATEGIC option. The equivalent of sacrificing a pawn in chess. I strongly believe the third party candidates MUST fill a notable share of state seats and local offices before they have a shot against the "Big 2+media" on the national scene. I also feel Libertarians and Constitutionalists must recruit more traditional conservatives and moderates to get rid of the shadow of the "conspirancy nuts".
    I agree with you. I "joined" the Libertarian Party a few years ago (I kept my registration as is). All they seemed interested in and the only thing they took any action on was legalizing drugs. I didn't bother to renew my membership.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    i respect your decision tattedup. Indiana is in a dead heat right now. It the undecided's that will make its call tonight.

Well, with 99 percent of the precincts reporting, Obama is leading 1,348,277 to 1,325,514. Not ecstatic about the Obama victory, but in this election Obama has captured Indiana and Virginia, neither of which has gone Democratic since 1964, and North Carolina, which hasn't gone Democratic since 1976. Wow.

There has got to be a special place in your heart for the history he has made for the african american people though and i am sure you respect that even though you disagree with him on a lot of things. i hope this country can now move past color of skin because its way over due.

It wasn't supposed to be about race. So I guess he was the only racist in the race.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

There has got to be a special place in your heart for the history he has made for the african american people
    I thought he was Arab - American. Isn't he just a very small percentage black, and none from African-American descent? Why do people keep calling him African-American?

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I thought he was Arab - American. Isn't he just a very small percentage black, and none from African-American descent? Why do people keep calling him African-American?
    His father was from Kenya, Africa. He actually has no Arab background. Here's an excerpt from a bio:

Barack Obama was born at the Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a Luo from Nyang’oma Kogelo, Nyanza Province, Kenya, and Ann Dunham, a white American from Wichita, Kansas of mainly English, Scottish and Irish descent.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

ok my bad. he is half black. who cares if its african or what. Ya'll know what i meant anyways. Thank you ronwill for clearing up the error.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast