I made the leap
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I made the leap

I made the leap

As many of you may know, for the longest, I have insisted that I would not be casting a vote, for either Obama or McCain because of the fact that I felt neither candidate was qualified enough for my taste. Well, I casted a vote for McCain today, the first time I've ever voted Republican in a presidential election. I'm not looking for you guys to praise me, but I also hope I don't regret doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    As many of you may know, for the longest, I have insisted that I would not be casting a vote, for either Obama or McCain because of the fact that I felt neither candidate was qualified enough for my taste. Well, I casted a vote for McCain today, the first time I've ever voted Republican in a presidential election. I'm not looking for you guys to praise me, but I also hope I don't regret doing this.
    Tatt I think you have just come to the same place that a lot of us have and that is that although we would like another choice the reality comes down to the fact that it will be McCane or Obama. Wish it were not that way but we have to live with the reality of it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I can understand the dilemma because I don't care for either one myself. I think it's a matter of conscience and what could happen to our country if it went to the extreme left. I hope McCain gets elected but we have to be on top of everything he does and be prepared to react with email and phone calls if he veers to the left. It's a historic election and could be in more ways than we want.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I tend to vote Republican, but wouldn't hesitate to cross party lines if I felt they had a better candidate. This one was a no-brainer though. I'm not a big McCain fan, but given his competition, he's easily got my vote.

Note: even if I liked Obama, having Biden on the ticket is enough to lose my vote.

I understand your dilemma and have been there as well. McCain wasn't in my original top 3 but I still believe he is the best choice between him and Obama. I also still believe a vote for a third part only helps Obama get elected which he probably will anyway. I've cast my vote and now there's nothing to do but wait.

Look at it this way if the BIG MC does not win. He will not be live in another 4 years to run again lol. If he does win maybe we will have our first lady Pres.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

i respect your decision tattedup. Indiana is in a dead heat right now. It the undecided's that will make its call tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    As many of you may know, for the longest, I have insisted that I would not be casting a vote, for either Obama or McCain because of the fact that I felt neither candidate was qualified enough for my taste.
    Welcome to the club. I have never voted Republican or Democrat, and it can be frustrating knowing there is no good choice and one of the bad choices will take office.

Well, I casted a vote for McCain today, the first time I've ever voted Republican in a presidential election. I'm not looking for you guys to praise me, but I also hope I don't regret doing this.
    I completely understand the feeling. I get off work in a couple of hours and my wife and I will vote then. I know she's planned to vote for McCain for quite some time but I've always sworn I'd not vote R or D unless major change occurred. However, Nevada is a close state, and in this election a few small states could conceivably make the difference tonight(tomorrow? later on?)

So, let's see if I can hold my nose like you did and vote AGAINST BHO!
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

nds your vote is as good as mine. Nevada will go democratic and tennessee will go republican. we will be outvoted

wolfhunter Guest
    This year's election is about making a strategic decision. For those who don't like the directions the D's and R's are going, get involved with the Libertarian, Constitution Party, or other "third party" group at the local and state levels. If they can get enough "pull" at those levels, maybe a real, viable third party will emerge and we can have a better option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast