I hope we haven't given away our gun rights... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: I hope we haven't given away our gun rights...

  1. Relax.. the sky is not falling and we will continue to have our guns... and we will still be able to buy ammo for them... America elected a President not a dictator and we have a system of checks and balances that has worked for over 200 years.. one man cannot make this system go away and if you think he can then I really feel sorry for you.. there is no reason to fear this person..

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East of Cleveland.... FAR East !
    Posts
    215
    I have family down there. I remember walking down the streets in the 80's and thinking, "WOW!"
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East of Cleveland.... FAR East !
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc and his Glock View Post
    Relax.. the sky is not falling and we will continue to have our guns... and we will still be able to buy ammo for them... America elected a President not a dictator and we have a system of checks and balances that has worked for over 200 years.. one man cannot make this system go away and if you think he can then I really feel sorry for you.. there is no reason to fear this person..

    Thank God we have a group such as the NRA to protect our rights. What I fear is how they have slowly taken them on the coattails of other laws, making us feel like we are getting the better deal. But, I don't think he will be able to make all the 2A rights go away..... for now.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I feel that without a doubt we will see not only the worst attack on our 2nd Amendment rights ever but on all our rights. It is a dark day in America folks.
    You are correct. We've already seen attacks against the 1A during the Obama campaign and it's going to keep on going. When Rush and the others disappear then perhaps they may take us more seriously.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc and his Glock View Post
    .. there is no reason to fear this person..
    Interesting point of view. I always like to to get the interplanetary opinions.

    "My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

    --Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Shoots Running View Post
    Interesting point of view. I always like to to get the interplanetary opinions.

    "My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

    --Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007
    With things the way they are I think he has bigger things to worry about. I don't think this will happen and no I am not in outer space.. think about it-- he has a war going on and a failing economy.. I think that in itself will keep him busy for 4 years.

  8. I hope you're right. But he needs quick victories, and with all the suck-ups who will be anxious to climb aboard the victory wagon he will go for what he can get good press with.

    To say we don't need to worry about him is, to say the least, disingenuous in the extreme.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc and his Glock View Post
    With things the way they are I think he has bigger things to worry about. I don't think this will happen and no I am not in outer space.. think about it-- he has a war going on and a failing economy.. I think that in itself will keep him busy for 4 years.
    Hitler also had the same challenges when he rose to power.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Santa Teresa
    Posts
    104

    Unhappy No reason to fear this man????

    You are really dreaming.

    He is going to appoint his men to the Supreme Court. We will be adversely affected for years.

    He stated many times he sees no reason for anyone to carry guns. He voted to prosecute a homeowner for
    defending his/her life.

    And you say we have nothing to fear? Get REAL!!

    Were are in deep manure.
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    I am worried but I look at it this way. The man is young and we are at least getting him out of the way now. If he hadn't won the election this time around, he would have been back as the dem frontrunner in 2012. And he would keep turning up like a bad penny!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast